Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 13

Thread: Plasticca on the loose.....

  1. #1

    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Denmark, Europe
    Posts
    2,137

    Plasticca on the loose.....

    well - Auction Team Breaker is soon to have one of their auctions, and as usual they have SO much nice stuff in there...

    SO many lenses, my stomac hurts..

    Among these lenses there is a 400mm Plasticca lens in perfect condition.

    estimated at ca 600$ (not too expensive, compared to what I have seen before..)

    http://www.artfact.com/auction-lot/a...1-c-196d4e4650

    (lot 510)

    EDIT: Lot 513 is even worse...

    7 lenses, where the plasticca is one of them...

    http://www.artfact.com/auction-lot/r...4-c-7c5a7be025

    Have fun looking in there..

  2. #2

    Re: Plasticca on the loose.....

    Hi

    Also over on ebay item number 120384389195, 10hrs to go and still for pennys.
    I am not bidding or conected to the auction just a heads up.

    Regards
    Sven

  3. #3

    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Denmark, Europe
    Posts
    2,137

    Re: Plasticca on the loose.....

    very interesting!

    450mm is a biggy..

    I'd love to have that one.

  4. #4

    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Denmark, Europe
    Posts
    2,137

    Re: Plasticca on the loose.....

    that "bay Plasticca went for approx 570$...

    overbid by a looong shot...

    (hate snipers)

  5. #5

    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    20mins north of boston
    Posts
    496

    Re: Plasticca on the loose.....

    If you wish to drool go to this site and see all the Rollei's there at that auction site:

    http://www.artfact.com/catalog/searc...Ref=WC4C3MP3YZ
    Lauren MacIntosh

    Whats in back of you is the past and whats in front of you is the future now in the middle you have choices to make for yourself:

  6. #6

    Join Date
    Dec 2000
    Location
    Tonopah, Nevada, USA
    Posts
    6,338

    Re: Plasticca on the loose.....

    Quote Originally Posted by seawolf66 View Post
    If you wish to drool go to this site and see all the Rollei's there at that auction site:

    http://www.artfact.com/catalog/searc...Ref=WC4C3MP3YZ
    And then think about the 26.78 percent over and above your bid and how the hell you're going to pay someone in Gemany who doesn't allow credit cards, Paypal etc. Pretty pictures but the problems seemed daunting to me.

  7. #7

    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Denmark, Europe
    Posts
    2,137

    Re: Plasticca on the loose.....

    Quote Originally Posted by Jim Galli View Post
    And then think about the 26.78 percent over and above your bid and how the hell you're going to pay someone in Gemany who doesn't allow credit cards, Paypal etc. Pretty pictures but the problems seemed daunting to me.
    Same auction. I noticed all 843 lots... And found many, many of interest...

    Trust me - I have been drooling.
    Not so much for the Rollei's (I have enough), but for so many others.

    Jim: IF you want, I could pay (easy for me, being in Europe), and then we could figure something out..

    (A rollei for a Struss? )

  8. #8

    Join Date
    Dec 2000
    Location
    Tonopah, Nevada, USA
    Posts
    6,338

    Re: Plasticca on the loose.....

    Quote Originally Posted by gandolfi View Post
    Same auction. I noticed all 843 lots... And found many, many of interest...

    Trust me - I have been drooling.
    Not so much for the Rollei's (I have enough), but for so many others.

    Jim: IF you want, I could pay (easy for me, being in Europe), and then we could figure something out..

    (A rollei for a Struss? )
    I liked that until I got to the part about figure something out

    Maybe I will put a cloth over the keyboard for when I drool and go wade through some of those. Fun to look. I am a window shopper. I have enough for a couple of life times already.

  9. #9

    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Denmark, Europe
    Posts
    2,137

    Re: Plasticca on the loose.....

    Quote Originally Posted by Jim Galli View Post
    I liked that until I got to the part about figure something out

    Maybe I will put a cloth over the keyboard for when I drool and go wade through some of those. Fun to look. I am a window shopper. I have enough for a couple of life times already.
    seriously, if there would be something you just can't live without, then I think we could arrange something...

  10. #10

    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    nyc
    Posts
    477

    Re: Plasticca on the loose.....

    another problem with auctions on the net is you can't really judge condition because the auctioneer does not have the knowledge or does not take the time to describe the item completely. on-line bidders drive the prices way too high without knowing what the actual condition is. sounds like ebay, but it is actually worse. skinner in boston has live auctions with internet bidding and they got ridiculous amounts for lenses that were not accurately described. i had a spy from Rosendale at one auction who was able to view lenses that i would have been interested in. some were unusable because of defects. they still sold at high prices to internet bidders though. also, as Jim said, you have add almost 30% to the hammer price also so even the low estimates seem high.

    none of this stuff is so rare that you won't have other opportunities to buy one. if you were interested in something truly rare, say if they were pinkham's, you would be spending real dollars and it would probably worth the flight to Germany to view the items.

Similar Threads

  1. For the Soft Focus folk, Plasticca and 2 Petzvals...
    By Jim Galli in forum Lenses & Lens Accessories
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 26-Feb-2009, 23:51
  2. Loose Dark-Slide Locks
    By Martin Miller in forum Cameras & Camera Accessories
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 28-May-2004, 22:07
  3. Loose focus locking lever.
    By Milton Messenger in forum Cameras & Camera Accessories
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 14-Dec-2003, 19:42
  4. Durst spring loose
    By Robert Janke in forum Darkroom: Equipment
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 11-Apr-2002, 20:29
  5. Synchro-Compur shutter with loose cable-release socket
    By Huw Evans in forum Lenses & Lens Accessories
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 22-Jan-2001, 13:36

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •