Page 638 of 696 FirstFirst ... 138538588628636637638639640648688 ... LastLast
Results 6,371 to 6,380 of 6953

Thread: What did you compose at Waters Edge?

Re: What did you compose at Waters Edge?

img20210103-Edit by John tomasella, on Flickr

Dunfield Creek, Fomapan 100 developed in HC-110 @ 1+63. 150mm Schneider-Kreuznach. Darkroom print on Ilford pearl scanned with a V600

Quote Originally Posted by Alan Klein View Post

Chestnut Point, Manasquan Reservoir
    by Alan Klein, on Flickr
    4x5 Chamonix H-1; Fuji 75mm, Velvia 50
    Very nice! I've never been to Manasquan though it's not so far from where I live.
    Where are we going?
    And why are we in this handbasket?

www.josephoharaphotography.com

On the shore of the Walter F. George Reservoir, in George T. Bagby State Park (that's a mouthful). I recently got a little mini tripod that has a max height of about 12 inches, and can easily splay out to be basically on the ground. The front end of my Speed was actually in the water for this shot. Composition was basically a guess because it was so low and I was in a couple centimeters of water already so I wasn't going to get prone on the ground (which I've done before!).

Speed Graphic, Schneider 90mm f/8 SA, Efke 100 dev'd in Pyrocat

Bryan | Blog | YouTube | Instagram | Portfolio
    All comments and thoughtful critique welcome

Excellent, another "thin place," I see. Very much like the chop coming over the cypress knees, and the classic wide angle foreground has a thematic component rather than being a mere placeholder.

Yeah it was interesting, the line of cypress was in about an inch of water, with some high spots of sand and bivalve shells. Exposure was about 1/4 second IIRC and I waited till a wave broke over the knees to shoot. The sun cooperated with me nicely about 10 minutes after I arrived. Luck! And thanks!

PS: this reservoir is fed by the Chattahoochee River. I have some ideas coalescing on a long-term project...

Quote Originally Posted by Corran View Post
    I have some ideas coalescing on a long-term project...
    Well, as long as it doesn't involve the ATL, I'm in... Definitely a lot of history on the Lower Chattahoochee--the Lower Creek mother town of Coweeta (near present day Columbus) figured prominently in machinations of Whitehall, Versailles and Madrid through most of the 18th C.

Extraordinary!

On the shore of the Walter F. George Reservoir, in George T. Bagby State Park (that's a mouthful). I recently got a little mini tripod that has a max height of about 12 inches, and can easily splay out to be basically on the ground. The front end of my Speed was actually in the water for this shot. Composition was basically a guess because it was so low and I was in a couple centimeters of water already so I wasn't going to get prone on the ground (which I've done before!).

Tin Can

Great shot!

Thanks. I was worried there wasn't enough in the foreground to be interesting. I guess not?

On a technical note - I thought I overdeveloped this Efke film but it retains highlight detail like no one's business. I wish this film was still made, with maybe just a bit better emulsion hardening because it scratches really easy and retains grease if you touch it. This is mostly an issue when putting in the Grafmatic sheaths loaded with film since you kind of have to touch the film and I don't generally think or remember to use gloves.

Good to know about Efke

I wish I had bought more, as I bought many boxes of 2X3 Efke, several each payday. I have about 20 boxes, none for sale

I will not use Grafmatic, only very good 2X3 DDS

I never comment on tones, however I do like the tones in your image, the water movement and.......more...

Thanks. I was worried there wasn't enough in the foreground to be interesting. I guess not?

On a technical note - I thought I overdeveloped this Efke film but it retains highlight detail like no one's business. I wish this film was still made, with maybe just a bit better emulsion hardening because it scratches really easy and retains grease if you touch it. This is mostly an issue when putting in the Grafmatic sheaths loaded with film since you kind of have to touch the film and I don't generally think or remember to use gloves.
    Tin Can