Page 533 of 696 FirstFirst ... 33433483523531532533534535543583633 ... LastLast
Results 5,321 to 5,330 of 6958

Thread: What did you compose at Waters Edge?

Re: What did you compose at Waters Edge?

Quote Originally Posted by john borrelli View Post
    Attachment 170075 I haven’t used my LF camera in a long while, as I have been using my digital camera. This image was made of a local area with my 4X5 Wisner and Fuji 125mm F5.6 (52mm filter). All the best everyone, John
    Nice colors, very peaceful.

Quote Originally Posted by john borrelli View Post
    Attachment 170075 I haven’t used my LF camera in a long while, as I have been using my digital camera. This image was made of a local area with my 4X5 Wisner and Fuji 125mm F5.6 (52mm filter). All the best everyone, John
    I like it! Great colors.

Quote Originally Posted by Corran View Post
    Thanks John and Paul.
    Hey what about me I was the genius that came up with the idea of darkening... I would even go much farther btw and then come back .. the old out flanking method of printing that I love to employ with my work.

Hi Bob,

I do appreciate your thoughts! I said that back in post #5314. A couple nights ago I tried contact printing this image on two different papers - Fomabrom 112 and Ilford ART 300. As I expected, the Fomabrom, which seems to be a fairly soft contrast paper in general, did the negative no favors due to its underdevelopment. The ART 300 fared a lot better and I like the results tonally, but not sure on the texture for this image. I haven't tried plain Ilford Warmtone paper. This negative may be better served getting remade via the digital burn process I mentioned in another thread.

Here's a scan of the ART 300 print. This paper is hard to scan but this'll have to do.

Bryan | Blog | YouTube | Instagram | Portfolio
    All comments and thoughtful critique welcome

Quote Originally Posted by chassis View Post
    Nice colors, very peaceful.
    Thank you very much for your comment

Quote Originally Posted by jon.oman View Post
    I like it! Great colors.

Thanks so much for your comment

Vogel

This really a beautiful image! And thank you Paul Barden for the technical information.

Quote Originally Posted by Corran View Post
    Hi Bob,

I do appreciate your thoughts! I said that back in post #5314. A couple nights ago I tried contact printing this image on two different papers - Fomabrom 112 and Ilford ART 300. As I expected, the Fomabrom, which seems to be a fairly soft contrast paper in general, did the negative no favors due to its underdevelopment. The ART 300 fared a lot better and I like the results tonally, but not sure on the texture for this image. I haven't tried plain Ilford Warmtone paper. This negative may be better served getting remade via the digital burn process I mentioned in another thread.

Here's a scan of the ART 300 print. This paper is hard to scan but this'll have to do.
    I really don't like the Art300 paper with its heavy-handed texturing - I don't think its done you any favors. I do urge you to try the Ilford Warmtone, as this is a superb paper with excellent blacks and a very pleasing warmth that takes well to Selenium toning.

There are some images which art300 works well for. For that, I'm glad I have it around. Definitely not a general purpose paper.

Yeah, it definitely changes the feel of the image. Whether or not that is a benefit depends on the image, and preference.

I have some images from Arizona that work wonderfully on this paper - they are images of rocks and stone.

The other thing is size - with a small contact print the texture of the paper is much more accentuated than a large print. I haven't printed any ART 300 except from the box of 5x7 paper I bought to try out. I am going to buy some 16x20 soon (and definitely enlarging those AZ images to a bigger size!).
    Bryan | Blog | YouTube | Instagram | Portfolio
    All comments and thoughtful critique welcome