Page 619 of 638 FirstFirst ... 119519569609617618619620621629 ... LastLast
Results 6,181 to 6,190 of 6379

Thread: What did you compose at Waters Edge?

Re: What did you compose at Waters Edge?

Blue Streak

Now (after a re-edit...) one of my favourite film photos I've ever taken.

This was one of my sheets of Velvia which I managed to process incorrectly (incorrect mix of colour dev chemistry iirc, producing some funky and unhelpful colour shifts). Reprocessed now it does what I wanted. It also makes me want to shoot more colour film on large format - something I've not actually done since I returned from a Scotland trip to the Isle of Harris in September 2018, and then moved up to 10x8 B&W with the Chamonix a few months later. I'm now dying to try some Provia and Velvia on the Chamonix - I still have the TK, but the viewing and shooting experience on 8x10 is (if more nuts) just enhanced even more. The scenes on the ground glass are fantastic. I can now also develop 8x10 film at home of course so that's not an issue.

I think this is from a trip where I wild-camped on location. The advantage of doing this was that I could stay on location across the whole day until the sun was low, instead of having to pack up for the 4hr drive home again, and watch the light change around the cove, and discover a range of different scenes and subjects across the different tide levels.

Porth Meudwy, Aberdaron, North Wales
    2.45pm 16th February 2018

Linhof Technikardan S45
    Nikkor-W 210mm f/5.6
    Fujichrome Velvia 50
    1/2" f/22
    245mm bellows extension
    5 front tilt

Home-developed with Jobo CPE-3 and Tetenal E6 (FD 7mins 10secs)
    Digitized with 4-frame stitch on lightbox with D800E/85PC-E
    http://www.davidfearnphotography.co.uk
    see too my 5x4 and 8x10 flickr albums

Thanks Ulophot,

Always happy when someone else enjoys my view.

Dave this is so amazing...now I know that I need to wild camp and process "incorrectly!"

Yes, I mixed the colour dev wrongly I think and came up with a slide that had a massive cyan cast - bit like an inverted sheet of colour neg. A few layers in post processing sorted it out - but only after I came back to it after a number of months to revisit it.

Quote Originally Posted by John Layton View Post
    Dave this is so amazing...now I know that I need to wild camp and process "incorrectly!"
    http://www.davidfearnphotography.co.uk
    see too my 5x4 and 8x10 flickr albums

Croton Diverting Dam

Intrepid 4x5
    Bergger 4x5 @200
    1 sec f32
    Xtol replenished
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails _DSC1046 2.jpg  

Twin Waterfalls from Bulls View Covered Bridge
    Intrepid 4x5
    Nikkor 150mm Lens
    Bergger 4x5 film @200
    1 sec f45.5 4x ND Filter
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Twin Falls 2.jpg  

About two months ago I had a chance to road trip through the mountains here in Colorado for a day. I took my Gibellini Proxima, Schneider Tele-Arton 360 f/5.5, Schneider (Caltar II) 210 f/5.6, Astragon 90mm f/6.8, and Komura 75mm f//6.3. I think those are the apertures on the Astragon and Komra, anyway. Here are some shots from that day with some notes about them.

Komura 75mm, no movements (of course, with this lens), Ektachrome 100, 1/8th at f/22. Random alpine lake south of Leadville.

Same lake, same lens, same film, 1/4 at f/45.

Same film, Schneider 210, 1/60th at f/8, Granite Colorado from the shore of the river that runs past it.

I'll post a few more in a separate post.

Cascade Falls from down in the water (I realize this isn't technically water's edge and may be stretching the parameters of the thread), Atomic-X developed in Microdol-X (LegacyPro Mic-X) +3 for 23 minutes, Astragon 90, 1/4 at f/16

Agnes Vaille Falls, still frozen, Ektachrome 100, Schneider 210, f/~95 (stopped the Copal 1 all the way down, way past the f/45 mark) for 1/4. There's a thin wisp of water up near the top that I was trying to blur.

Just to post a photo taken with each lens, here's one more of Agnes Vaille Falls, Schendier 360mm f/5.5 Tele-Arton, Ektachrome 100, 1/5th (Compur 3 shutter, so old timing calculations) at f/65. Fun fact about this lens, I picked it up recently unused NoS. It had been in a camera store's back room (along with a boatload of other LF and MF NoS gear of the same era) unsold and forgotten about for decades. This was the second photo taken with that lens (the first doesn't meet the requirements of the thread.) Just a fun thing. It's not often that I buy a film camera lens new (well, unused and in the original box.)

[url=https://flic.kr/p/2iXmXk1] [url=https://www.flickr.com/photos/156629749@N02/]
    Deardorff 5x7, Dagor 8 1/4", FP4+, print on Foma Variant lll.

Quote Originally Posted by Too Many Cameras View Post

Cascade Falls from down in the water (I realize this isn't technically water's edge and may be stretching the parameters of the thread), Atomic-X developed in Microdol-X (LegacyPro Mic-X) +3 for 23 minutes, Astragon 90, 1/4 at f/16

Agnes Vaille Falls, still frozen, Ektachrome 100, Schneider 210, f/~95 (stopped the Copal 1 all the way down, way past the f/45 mark) for 1/4. There's a thin wisp of water up near the top that I was trying to blur.

Just to post a photo taken with each lens, here's one more of Agnes Vaille Falls, Schendier 360mm f/5.5 Tele-Arton, Ektachrome 100, 1/5th (Compur 3 shutter, so old timing calculations) at f/65. Fun fact about this lens, I picked it up recently unused NoS. It had been in a camera store's back room (along with a boatload of other LF and MF NoS gear of the same era) unsold and forgotten about for decades. This was the second photo taken with that lens (the first doesn't meet the requirements of the thread.) Just a fun thing. It's not often that I buy a film camera lens new (well, unused and in the original box.)
    Those blues ��