Page 517 of 696 FirstFirst ... 17417467507515516517518519527567617 ... LastLast
Results 5,161 to 5,170 of 6953

Thread: What did you compose at Waters Edge?

Re: What did you compose at Waters Edge?

Hi Punker , I have only used one of those 10 stop ND filters on digital and when there is some sunlight around the colours got a bit weird , So i think you are right could be more the issue than the film date , Still presents well though

Murdering Creek. Repoussoir Exercise.
    Gelatin-silver photograph on Agfa Classic MCC III VC FB photographic paper, image size 21.3cm X 16.3cm, from a 4x5 Kodak Tmax 100 negative exposed in a Tachihara 45GF double extension field view camera
    fitted with a Schneider Super Angulon 90mm f8 wide angle lens.

Murdering Creek flows into the southern part of Lake Weyba near Noosa. It is the rumoured site of a massacre of aborigines by local squatters. There are no eyewitness records. A mystery remains.

Repoussoir is an old painter's technique in pictorial composition where a foreground feature at the edge of a picture frames a more distant part of the scene. I figured a view camera with its ability to swing its front or rear standards and deliver an oblique focus plane that carries sharpness from near to far could do "repoussoir" as well.
    Photography:first utterance. Sir John Herschel, 14 March 1839 at the Royal Society. "...Photography or the application of the Chemical rays of light to the purpose of pictorial representation,..".

Seal Rock at Laguna Beach. 8x10 contact print. Photo taken last year and printed in Ilford warmtone semi-matte a few weeks ago.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	whitebeachweb (1).jpg 
Views:	209 
Size:	26.9 KB 
ID:	162875

Quote Originally Posted by Hugo Zhang View Post
    Seal Rock at Laguna Beach
    So very nice. I bet the print is gorgeous.
    https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/52893762/bigger4b.jpg

Seal Rock at Laguna Beach. 8x10 contact print. Photo taken last year and printed in Ilford warmtone semi-matte a few weeks ago.
    Hugo - that's a beauty!

Thanks Randy and David.

I have taken many shots with different cameras from 4x5 to 11x14 of this rock over the past two years and this picture is closest to my pre-visualization. I have already sold a few prints of this image. There is also a personal story with this rock.

I am an ocean swimmer and while vacationing in China last June, I read the news that a 51-years-old female swimmer was attacked by a shark at Corona Del Mar Beach, 150 yards from shore near the buoy where I used to swim every morning during weekend. When I got back from China in July and went to Corona Del Mar beach, there was no swimmers in the water swimming around the buoys anymore. I was very disappointed and I did not want to swim alone.

Two months later and one early morning around 6:30, while I was taking pictures of this Seal Rock which is about four miles south of Corona Del Mar beach, I suddenly saw 4-5 swimmers down near this rock and they were swimming at a good pace, near mine. My heart jumped with excitement and I googled and found there was a group of swimmers at Laguna Beach doing Dawn Patrol every morning from the Shaw's Cove to this Seal Rock and then back. I emailed and introduced myself to this group and was invited to join them. Now I have some nice swimming buddies and we swim to this Seal Rock every week and swim through the crack between the two rocks when tide is high and waves are not too heavy. Knowing that I am a photographer using a wooden camera and old lenses, these swimmers have become my willing models. I have taken over twenty 8x10 portraits of them using my Dallmeyer 3A and Universal-Heliar 42cm lenses. I give each of them a matted print of their portraits and this is quite an experience.

Seal Rock at Laguna Beach. 8x10 contact print. Photo taken last year and printed in Ilford warmtone semi-matte a few weeks ago.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	whitebeachweb (1).jpg 
Views:	209 
Size:	26.9 KB 
ID:	162875
    Really nice, a pleasure to see, actually,

Cheers,

Maris I like the midtones and composition.

Quote Originally Posted by Maris Rusis View Post

Murdering Creek. Repoussoir Exercise.
    Gelatin-silver photograph on Agfa Classic MCC III VC FB photographic paper, image size 21.3cm X 16.3cm, from a 4x5 Kodak Tmax 100 negative exposed in a Tachihara 45GF double extension field view camera
    fitted with a Schneider Super Angulon 90mm f8 wide angle lens.

Murdering Creek flows into the southern part of Lake Weyba near Noosa. It is the rumoured site of a massacre of aborigines by local squatters. There are no eyewitness records. A mystery remains.

Repoussoir is an old painter's technique in pictorial composition where a foreground feature at the edge of a picture frames a more distant part of the scene. I figured a view camera with its ability to swing its front or rear standards and deliver an oblique focus plane that carries sharpness from near to far could do "repoussoir" as well.

Quote Originally Posted by scm View Post

Promontory Point Utah
    Nice.

It took me a minute to see the Great Salt Lake after assuming it was the sky. Nice one.