Thread: Greetings From West Michigan!

Thumbs up Greetings From West Michigan!

Hello Everyone,
    I am just coming back up to speed with Large Format. Used it -mostly- successfully back in College a couple decades ago! Working on a Night Time Landscape project now and it seemed like the right time to dig out my Busch Pressman and Do It Really Really Right instead of "Good Enough" in 35mm or Digitally. Still need to brush up on my Mechanical Implementations as in remembering how to use the dang thing!

Sincerely,
    Richard W

West Michigan

Re: Greetings From West Michigan!

Hello, Richard. I don't know where in West Michigan you are but the Midwest Large Format Asylum (http://www.midwestlargeformat.com/) is having an outing along the west shore this weekend (2/21) and you're welcome to join us. We're starting at the Cracker Barrel off of I-94 at the St. Joe exit at 8:00 AM for breakfast. Of course, some of us will be at the beach and lighthouse in St. Joe at first light, maybe. (It depends on how much snow falls the night before, how long it takes to drive there, etc.) The general plan is to photograph lighthouses along the eastern shore of Lake Michigan; last year we worked north from St. Joe up to Grand Haven but we're always open to interesting spots along the way, if presented with sufficient enthusiasm!

Of course, anyone is welcome to join us: the group is *really* informal and we always have a lot of fun. There's a wide range of levels of experience, so no one needs to feel out of place.

Mike
    Politically, aerodynamically, and fashionably incorrect.

Hiya Mike!
    thanks for the invite! I'm going to PM ya directly. I live near Rockford Michigan, just north of Grand Rapids.
    Richard

Quote Originally Posted by MIke Sherck View Post
    Hello, Richard. I don't know where in West Michigan you are but the Midwest Large Format Asylum (http://www.midwestlargeformat.com/) is having an outing along the west shore this weekend (2/21) and you're welcome to join us. We're starting at the Cracker Barrel off of I-94 at the St. Joe exit at 8:00 AM for breakfast. Of course, some of us will be at the beach and lighthouse in St. Joe at first light, maybe. (It depends on how much snow falls the night before, how long it takes to drive there, etc.) The general plan is to photograph lighthouses along the eastern shore of Lake Michigan; last year we worked north from St. Joe up to Grand Haven but we're always open to interesting spots along the way, if presented with sufficient enthusiasm!

Of course, anyone is welcome to join us: the group is *really* informal and we always have a lot of fun. There's a wide range of levels of experience, so no one needs to feel out of place.

Mike

Welcome Richard! Have you checked out
    www.thenocturnes.com
    ?
    "I would feel more optimistic about a bright future for man if he spent less time proving that he can outwit Nature and more time tasting her sweetness and respecting her seniority"---EB White

Thanks John,
    I went to the site - right up my alley! ~ Maybe I can get more of a 'running' start on this project. (he says ironically!) ie: I've got a busted foot and running isn't on my agenda any time soon!

Richard

Quote Originally Posted by John Kasaian View Post
    Welcome Richard! Have you checked out
    www.thenocturnes.com
    ?