Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: First rate E6 and C41 labs in USA?

Re: First rate E6 and C41 labs in USA?

I'd heard good things about Photo Craft in Boulder CO for a while and I finally had the chance to use them recently. I was very pleased. Their prices are great too.

I also use NewLab in SF whose prices are exceptionally high but their work is excellent.

- Dan

North Coast Photographic in the San Diego area. Really competitive prices on 4x5 c-41 processing. Excellent quality.
    jbhogan

In Michigan I have used Tri-Color for E6.

Quote Originally Posted by Dan Baumbach View Post
    I'd heard good things about Photo Craft in Boulder CO for a while and I finally had the chance to use them recently. I was very pleased. Their prices are great too.

I also use NewLab in SF whose prices are exceptionally high but their work is excellent.

- Dan
    I second Dan's recommendation of Photo Craft (for E6). Chrome in San Diego is also very good, but much more expensive.

Dorian Lab in Arlington, MA. I've been using them since I got into large format and I never had a problem with them. Great staff and quick turnaround.

runs a monkey grinder Steve M Hostetter's Avatar

photocraft in Colorado do the dip and dunk thing which I understand can't be beat

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Michael View Post
    Who do you use for E6 and C41 processing? Looking for consistently high quality lab where they actually run control strips, manage their processes, clean their equipment, change water and air filters, etc.
    Do you not like e6 of atlanta Jim? I use them for my commercial stuff and haven't had any problems with them, although I rarely push/pull and haven't done and control strips with them.

Cheers

Chrome Imaging in Georgetown (Washington, DC) is by far my favorite.

Jrewt, if there was an Atlanta lab in the running I wouldn't be asking.

Having worked in the industry myself a few years ago I know what goes on in labs and that was the reason I asked the question the way I did. I'm mainly interested in hearing about labs that folks have used for a long time and have had consistently excellent quality (IOW, who you feel has an uncompromising commitment to quality).

I'd like to thank everyone again for their recommendations.

runs a monkey grinder Steve M Hostetter's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Steve M Hostetter View Post
    photocraft in Colorado do the dip and dunk thing which I understand can't be beat
    Jim,,, before I started doing my own e-6 I called photocraft to ask their process and to see if they done 8x10 stuff.. The lady that I talked to was super professional and talked like they really take their time and handle each order like it was their own.. I was concerned just like yourself and she could tell so she handled me with charm a true joy to talk with. Just give em a call and feel em out .. You can also download the order form off their web site and mail it with the order so that everything is detailed the way you want it.. wish you well