Page 66 of 86 FirstFirst ... 1656646566676876 ... LastLast

Thread: Show us your home made camera...

Re: Show us your home made camera...

but didn't like the original Compur 00 shutter mine came with, too delicate and fiddly with no open/close lever.
    Very good design! Thanks for that.

About the shutter - I know you are right, and some of them had a funky tab one pulls up to hold the shutter open. It's not such a good implementation.

Thanks all for your kind comments, the camera is indeed quite fun to handle and use.

Another recent build, a 4x10 panoramic built around the 90 SA XL. This has a standard 8x10 back and shoots 2 using a splitter darkslide. Lens panel rotates to shoot on axis. No movement as the lens just covers. The helical mount is specifically for the XL which clears the a large diameter rear cell and has a focus travel from infinity to about 4 feet.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 01.jpg   02.jpg   03.jpg   04.jpg  

Quote Originally Posted by Henry Suryo View Post
    Another recent build, a 4x10 panoramic built around the 90 SA XL. This has a standard 8x10 back and shoots 2 using a splitter darkslide. Lens panel rotates to shoot on axis. No movement as the lens just covers. The helical mount is specifically for the XL which clears the a large diameter rear cell and has a focus travel from infinity to about 4 feet.
    Now that is just the dog's bollocks ...

Quote Originally Posted by Henry Suryo View Post
    I would love to copy that idea and build. Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery.
    Tin Can

Thanks guys, the helical mount (Fotoman?) may be difficult to source, and calibrating focus to match the scale was slightly tricky. The image is sensationally wide with moderate fall off, but it covers contrary to the published spec of 259mm image circle.

Quote Originally Posted by Nana Sousa Dias View Post
    I would like to see some home made cameras. I have plans to make a LF camera and would like to see your designs. I would like to build 4x5, 5x7 and 8x10 P&S cameras.
    Well, here's mine, freshly built: a long focal length pinhole camera for macro photography, made out of the rear standard of an old Arca Swiss 4x5 and a traffic cone. Plus adhesive blackboard paper, adhesive felt, black card, glue and some rubber bands .

Yet to be tested for light-tightness, which will come later today...then testing what it can do!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Conecam.jpg 
Views:	292 
Size:	65.2 KB 
ID:	151511

Sharon

Quote Originally Posted by Sharon View Post
    Well, here's mine, freshly built: a long focal length pinhole camera for macro photography, made out of the rear standard of an old Arca Swiss 4x5 and a traffic cone. Plus adhesive blackboard paper, adhesive felt, black card, glue and some rubber bands .

Yet to be tested for light-tightness, which will come later today...then testing what it can do!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Conecam.jpg 
Views:	292 
Size:	65.2 KB 
ID:	151511

That looks great! I would be surprised if that plastic cone is lightproof, though, but if its not, then a coat of black paint on the inside might help. Looking forward to seeing your macro pinhole!

Sharon

Yes, thanks, you're right--the inside is lined with adhesive blackboard paper. (Can't seem to get a good range of contact paper here in New Zealand...) The only issue is it's not matte, so we'll see if internal reflection is an issue .

Lachlan 717

Quote Originally Posted by Sharon View Post
    Yes, thanks, you're right--the inside is lined with adhesive blackboard paper. (Can't seem to get a good range of contact paper here in New Zealand...) The only issue is it's not matte, so we'll see if internal reflection is an issue .
    A dose of Blackboard spray paint would matte it down.
    Lachlan.

You miss 100% of the shots you never take. -- Wayne Gretzky