Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Lenswork Folios

Re: Lenswork Folios

I'm Interested. I'd take 25 or more - 11x14. Great Idea!
    Will Wilson
    www.willwilson.com

Jim, your idea has good appeal. However, as a silver printer, the 8.5x11 would not work for me and 11x14 is larger than I would care to go. If you find any other dinosaurs interested in an 8x10 size folio, count me in. Thanks for your efforts, it appears that you have an enthusiastic response.

Landscape/Still Life

Jim I would be interested in both sizes, I don't print digitally but it be great for smaller prints... I wonder what other sizes are available? I sent you a PM with more questions... Thanks for doing this... Ted

Thanks to all who have responded. It looks like there just might be enough interest to pull this off. I'll try to throw out a few more thoughts on this. When I origianlly started thinking about this, I thought the 8.5X11 size made sense for those of us that print digitally. I print my 4x5 and 5x7 color transparencies with a couple of Epson printers. That's why the 8.5X11 makes sense to me. However, I realized that the
    11x14 size would make sense for analog printing and still would work nicely for those of use the print with inkjets. I was surprised at the number of requests for 11X14. I am going to meet with the "printer" in the next few days to see if it's possible to get both sizes from one sheet of stock. There is the rub. If possible, getting both sizes from one sheet of stock might make the the extra die cost feasible to do both.

Merg, the reason I chose 8.5x11 was simply because of the size of the "digital" paper. I figured if I didn't have to do any trimming, it would be much easier. However, if an
    8x10 size makes more sense and has more appeal, please let me know. Trimming an 8.5x11 down isn't too hard. Matter of fact, that size might make it easier to get both sizes from one sheet of cover stock. Please let me know your thoughts of this.

Thanks for all the responses so far. I think this project has a pretty good chance of getting off the ground. Please let me know if changing the 8.5x11 down to 8X10 makes sense. I haven't gotten back to those who pm'd me, but I did get the messages.

Thanks again. Jim

Smile Re: Lenswork Folios

Hi Jim, I'm certainly interested in the 11x14 size. also

Jim,
    What a great suggestion. I'd thought about doing something like this but there's no way I could take a full production batch. For me that would be ambition beyond belief. I'm certainly in for say 25 but if we need to get the numbers up then I'd take some more. Of the two suggested sizes I'd prefer the 14x11 though as a Brit I'd really like it to be A3 ... But, that is not a proposal. Weight of numbers will win here.

Quote Originally Posted by Merg Ross View Post
    Jim, your idea has good appeal. However, as a silver printer, the 8.5x11 would not work for me and 11x14 is larger than I would care to go. If you find any other dinosaurs interested in an 8x10 size folio, count me in. Thanks for your efforts, it appears that you have an enthusiastic response.
    Same here. I would be interested in a dozen 8x10 sized folios.
    Whatever the outcome, I appreciate your efforts.

Brian Chambers

I would be interested in the 11x14 folios. 50 or possibly more.

Thanks Brian.

The 8 X10 size is of much more interest to me as well. My wife has made similiar porfolios herself for her etchings and I do not think hers would compete price wise with what you are quoting. I need to talk to her and a friend to see about a quantity if 8X10

I would be interested in the 11x14 and possibly a 8x10 as others have mentioned as well.