Page 1 of 14 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Lenswork Folios

Lenswork Folios

Not sure if this is the right area for this thread, so we'll see.

I'm not sure how many of you are familiar with the Lenswork Folios that Brooks Jensen has been publishing over the last few years. He's done several on his own work and is now publishing folios by others - Mitch Dobrowner and Huntington Wetherill to name a couple. I have purchased one of Brooks and the one by Dobrowner. The folios are about 8x10.5 and about one half inch thick. One of them has about 16 images and one has about 11. It's a very interesting way of putting together a small group of images in an interesting package. Several weeks ago, I emailed Brooks and asked if he had any interest in selling "blank" folios. The idea being I would like to put something like this together for several projects on which I am working. He said it wouldn't be possible. I then asked if it would be OK if I could use his design in trying to get some of my own made. Brooks was very gracious and said I certainly could. He did state that I was going to run into a numbers problem, ie. I would need to be ordering quantites of 500 plus to get a reasonable price. So then I asked him if it would be OK if I tried to "sell" some of these to members of this forum so that it might be possible to get an order together. He said he didn't mind.

So here is my "proposal." I have been getting some quotes and it looks like 500 would cost about $1550. That's a little over $3 each. The folio could be either an 8.5x11 or 11X14 and they would be about one half inch thick. That would hold about 20 to 25 images. The folio would be a 100# Royal linen charcoal cover. It would be scored, trimmed, and cut. My question to everyone out there is this - do any of you have any interest in going in on something like this. I've included a couple of photos of one of the folios that I bought from Lenswork. It would be modeled after this one. It would have a cutout like you see and it would look very similar. I'm hoping that maybe there's enough interest out there to put togerther an order. I don't know if that possible, but there's not harm in asking. I would lke to see if a minimum of 25 or 50 folios per "order." And at this point I'm not asking for orders, just asking to for a "show of hands". Let me know the size you like and the number you would be interested in - either 8.5X11 or 11X14. Personally, I like the 8.5x11 size but I realize this size would probably be of interest to those of us that print digitally.

Please post here if you have any interest. And moderators, I hope this post is OK and in the right area. Thanks. Jim Becia

Re: Lenswork Folios

Hi Jim,

I have one of the folios also and really like the presentation. It is clean and professional and affordable. I would be interested in this.

Jackie

Yes I am interested, primarily in the 11x14. It would fit one project I am working on perfectly.
    Last edited by Kirk Gittings; 26-Jan-2009 at 21:48.
    Thanks,
    Kirk

at age 73:
    "The woods are lovely, dark and deep,
    But I have promises to keep,
    And miles to go before I sleep,
    And miles to go before I sleep"

Gray Matter Images

Hi Jim,
    Fantastic idea. I would be interested in 25 of the 11 x 14 size.
    Jeff
    I dream in color and see in black and white.
    http://www.graymatterimages.com

I'll be very interested in it as well. just in time for my grad show. lol

I would be interested in 11x14's

Yes, I am interested too...

jim k

I'm also interested (probably both sizes, a dozen or so each).
    Last edited by Paul Metcalf; 26-Jan-2009 at 21:11. Reason: I reread the posting
    The only trouble with doin' nothing is you can't tell when you get caught up

I'm certainly interested in the 11x14 size.

Jim, I'd be interested in both sizes.

Cheers,
    Kumar