Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Brass Emil Busch 10" F8 Rapid Aplanat!

Brass Emil Busch 10" F8 Rapid Aplanat!

I have attached two fotos hope-ing you will be able to read the wording on the lens,
    and I am going to interpert it and see how close I have come ?

Rath.Opt.Ind. thats easy But this Anst.Voian ? does this interpert as anistigmat version ?

Thanks a lot folks :
    Lauren MacIntosh

Whats in back of you is the past and whats in front of you is the future now in the middle you have choices to make for yourself:

All metric sizes to 24x30 Ole Tjugen's Avatar

Re: Brass Emil Busch 10" F8 Rapid Aplanat!

Rathenower Optische Industrie Anstalt, vorm. Emil Busch.

thank you Ole very much,
    Lauren MacIntosh

Whats in back of you is the past and whats in front of you is the future now in the middle you have choices to make for yourself:

That's a really great lens. Probably only for us users of antiquities, though. The others don't know what they're missing.

Quote Originally Posted by Glenn Thoreson View Post
    That's a really great lens. Probably only for us users of antiquities, though. The others don't know what they're missing.
    Glenn: I'm in the final throngs of shifting things around to get one room for as digital darkroom and lens and camera's Etc, , I relocated on 12/01/2008 and have been going at it very slowly, And when finished I should have a small area to shot inside the aprtment and will test both aplanats out the Dectiv and the Rapid Aplanat? Will see how they come out but also need to get the Scanner up and running ! Lauren
    Lauren MacIntosh

I'll agree that the others don't know what they're missing. I have a tiny little R.O.J.A. vorm. Emil Busch weitwinkel Aplanat Serie C No.2, a 150mm f:16 wide angle, that is simply stunningly sharp. While the corners (on 24x30cm) might be slightly softer than with a Protar f:18 of the same focal length, the center is stunningly sharp and better than most "normal" 150mm lenses of very recent manufacture.

The good Aplanats are GOOD, there's no doubt about that. I'm slightly more sceptical to WA Rectilinears, which have a different construction. The difference is much less with "normal" Aplanats vs.rapid Rectilinears, but the WA versions are very different.

Ole; I forgot to add the following in the first posting , Rapid Aplanat No.2 serie D F-8 and its only the height of a 35mm Film can plastic one the lens is a touch large than the 35mm film can, Their darn Small
    Lauren MacIntosh

The Busch Serie D f/8 came in 150, 200, 260, 340, 470 and 600mm focal lengths.

I have an Emil Busch rapid Aplanat F8 Series D f/8 and would like to know how I can determine the focal lenghts as there is no indication whatsoever on the brass. Any help? Thanks in advance!

Stuck inside of Tucson with the Neverland Blues again...

Quote Originally Posted by Kiribane View Post
    I have an Emil Busch rapid Aplanat F8 Series D f/8 and would like to know how I can determine the focal lenghts as there is no indication whatsoever on the brass. Any help? Thanks in advance!
    Eight times the diameter of the aperture, which is probably the same as eight times the diameter of the front element, presuming nothing in the barrel is restricting the aperture.
    "I love my Verito lens, but I always have to sharpen everything in Photoshop..."