Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Looking at this lens

Looking at this lens

So I came across a lens that I can afford on ebay. Maybe I'll win, the question is, will I be able to attach this lens to the lens board and if not what else would i need to get? I have a toyo/omega 45D with 2 lens boards which I assume are copal 0. Any thoughts?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...m=110330542408

santo

Re: Looking at this lens

All you need is a lensboard with a hole that "fits" the lens. It looks like the lens has its retaining ring. Your Toyo lensboards may, or may not have a pre-cut hole of the right size. That is a Compur shutter, not a Copal, and I don't think it is an "O" size, but I could be wrong. In any case, it is not a big deal to enlarge the hole on a lensboard. Toyo lensboards are quite easy to find. You do know that a 90mm is a wide-angle on 4x5.

looks like a better shutter than you normally see this lens mounted in...

I got a similar Syncro-Compur for my Symmar-S 150 lens, which is size #0. I'm not sure, but it looks the same size.
    But ask the seller what size the shutter is, or if he don't know ask him if he can measure the size of the thread. The size of a #0 thread is 32.5mm and a #00 has a thread size of 25.5mm.
    These values can be found on: S.K. Grimes.

If it's a size 0 your in luck, if it's size 00 you have to either find a blank lensboard and have it drilled yourself, or get an adapter from e.g. the above mentioned S.K. Grimes.

//Björn

This is a size 0. I have the identical lens/shutter. You should have no mounting problems at all. Of course you will need a lens board cut with a #0 hole, but those are in plentiful supply in various sizes and styles. Just post what you are looking for (what camera the board needs to fit) on the FS/WTB section and someone will probably have what you need.

Octogenarian

The 90 Schneider Angulon requires a recessed lens board in order to function easily on a Toyo/Omega 45D. I have an extra one. It's milled for Copal 0 (approx 35mm).

If you win the lens on eBay and need a lens board for it, let me know.

90 angulons have very little coverage. The one I had (from the 50's) wouldn't cover 4x5 at any stop. I would spend the extra money and get a 90/8 super angulon or caltar 90/6.8. In addition, synchro-compurs, unlike other compurs, cannot be repaired (at least with new parts).

It will fit a "0" sized hole, same as a Copal. This is a relatively late production version of this lens. Maybe it will cover with a little room for movement. Go for it.

You have a camera with lots of movement. The angulon was developed for press cameras with minimal movement. IMO you will be wasting your money. Check out # 270320427635 and similar auctions.

Ron Miller

I have the same lens in the same shutter. #0 hole. Nice stopped down to f22.