Page 974 of 1714 FirstFirst ... 474874924964972973974975976984102410741474 ... LastLast
Results 9,731 to 9,740 of 17135

Thread: Large Format Landscapes

Re: Large Format Landscapes

Quote Originally Posted by ImSoNegative View Post
    One shot today, 5x7 Rittreck View, 210mm fujinon, ilford delta 100

autumn on the river by goldenimageworks65, on Flickr
    I love this one!

thank you very much for the list, I will print and keep it in my bag
    thanks for the advice, can't wait to shoot now!

Large Format Rocks ImSoNegative's Avatar

Thanks Jeff
    "WOW! Now thats a big camera. By the way, how many megapixels is that thing?"

Vaughn: Ha! There is actually a little video of us wetting it down on the Blackfork6 Channel on Youtube. I certainly wonder how Ansel wet it down. His crop is about a beers worth.... Maybe he was there on a rainy day. Photos in late afternoon first week of October light. Mid-morning much better for the Weston 1936 tree, though other Junipers require different times. It's gotten brushy around them since Weston came through. We spent two afternoons up there, with the morning in between at Bodie out Tioga Pass. Need to spend a whole long day from sun-up to sundown there. Detailed instructions in the Lounge on how to find those trees. I'm sure I will never print these negs but wasn't going to miss a chance to set up and look through the camera at them. Always something to learn. Missed two wonderful shots up the Mist Trail in Yosemite Valley when I didn't pack my big camera along....still yearning over them and they were season-specific. Oh well. It wasn't really a shooting trip. Just showing the area to my wonderful wife and enjoying people we were with.

Going to put up a vid of the area fairly soon...in the pipeline.

Here are two from my trip to the Wind River Range in July/August. The first is Mount Bonneville from Lower Bonneville Lake. Getting here is about a 30 mi. roundtrip backpack. The lake was intermittently still, so I was constantly switching between my 90mm and 150mm as the sun set. This one is on Provia 100f. On the left side of the picture you can see the saddle (between the two rounded knobs) I hiked over to get here from Lee and Middle Fork Lake.

The second picture is Squaretop from Lower Green River Lake, shot with a 300mm on Delta 100. I came out of the above backpack just in time. The monsoon arrived the next day and didn't let up for at least a week. I made the trip from the campground to this spot each sunrise for three days, hoping for a nice shot. This is from the second morning. On the third day, the fog was so heavy I could barely see the road. The parking lot (mostly backpackers and horse trains) was almost full on the first day, and quite sparse on the last.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Mount Bonneville from Lower Bonneville Lake #4, Wind River Range, Wyoming_201408xx_0006.jpg 
Views:	242 
Size:	93.1 KB 
ID:	124754

Name:	Squaretop from Lower Green River Lake, Wind River Range, Wyoming_201408xx_0002.jpg 
Views:	231 
Size:	46.7 KB 
ID:	124755
    Peter Y.

Quote Originally Posted by Peter York View Post
    Here are two from my trip to the Wind River Range in July/August. The first is Mount Bonneville from Lower Bonneville Lake. Getting here is about a 30 mi. roundtrip backpack. The lake was intermittently still, so I was constantly switching between my 90mm and 150mm as the sun set. This one is on Provia 100f. On the left side of the picture you can see the saddle (between the two rounded knobs) I hiked over to get here from Lee and Middle Fork Lake.

The second picture is Squaretop from Lower Green River Lake, shot with a 300mm on Delta 100. I came out of the above backpack just in time. The monsoon arrived the next day and didn't let up for at least a week. I made the trip from the campground to this spot each sunrise for three days, hoping for a nice shot. This is from the second morning. On the third day, the fog was so heavy I could barely see the road. The parking lot (mostly backpackers and horse trains) was almost full on the first day, and quite sparse on the last.

Name:	Mount Bonneville from Lower Bonneville Lake #4, Wind River Range, Wyoming_201408xx_0006.jpg 

Name:	Squaretop from Lower Green River Lake, Wind River Range, Wyoming_201408xx_0002.jpg 

Peter,

Love the color palette on the Provia shot. Perfect capture!
    Jim Cole
    Flagstaff, AZ

Quote Originally Posted by Peter York View Post

Well done on both.

Large Format Rocks ImSoNegative's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Alex Menkov View Post
    nice shots, really like the second one
    "WOW! Now thats a big camera. By the way, how many megapixels is that thing?"

^ Love that second one as well. Also love the b&w one, Peter Y!