Page 1609 of 1652 FirstFirst ... 6091109150915591599160716081609161016111619 ... LastLast
Results 16,081 to 16,090 of 16519

Thread: Large Format Landscapes

  1. #16081

    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Location
    Wassenaar, NL
    Posts
    368

    Re: Large Format Landscapes

    Quote Originally Posted by newtorf View Post
    Intrepid 4x5 camera, Caltar 150mm lens, Fomapan 200, HC-110.
    Great photo! And development/exposure: can’t remember having seen such deep blacks with a Fomapan film

  2. #16082

    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    North Yorkshire, UK
    Posts
    58

    Re: Large Format Landscapes

    Wista 45DX; Bausch & Lombe RR; Foma 100; Fomadon R09;

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Rock House Path.jpg 
Views:	180 
Size:	144.7 KB 
ID:	223694

  3. #16083

    Join Date
    Sep 2021
    Posts
    161

    Re: Large Format Landscapes

    Thanks! I bracketed and made four different exposures. This is one of those.

    Quote Originally Posted by otto.f View Post
    Great photo! And development/exposure: can’t remember having seen such deep blacks with a Fomapan film

  4. #16084
    Vaughn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Humboldt County, CA
    Posts
    8,833

    Re: Large Format Landscapes

    I am appreciating your composition, Tony. Instead of being a stable centered image with ones eye always sliding comfortably down the path (demonstrated by cropping off some of the left to make it a square image). My eyes always have to deal with the trees on the left before being able to go down the path. It creates a little visual tension and makes the image more active and interesting. My eyes get drawn down the path, but are constantly returning to the white trees on the left before going down the path again.
    "Landscapes exist in the material world yet soar in the realms of the spirit..." Tsung Ping, 5th Century China

  5. #16085

    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    North Yorkshire, UK
    Posts
    58

    Re: Large Format Landscapes

    Thanks Vaughn, I appreciate your comment.

    Quote Originally Posted by Vaughn View Post
    I am appreciating your composition, Tony. Instead of being a stable centered image with ones eye always sliding comfortably down the path (demonstrated by cropping off some of the left to make it a square image). My eyes always have to deal with the trees on the left before being able to go down the path. It creates a little visual tension and makes the image more active and interesting. My eyes get drawn down the path, but are constantly returning to the white trees on the left before going down the path again.

  6. #16086

    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Newbury, Vermont
    Posts
    1,748

    Re: Large Format Landscapes

    Love this image Tony...how the path is at once inviting and yet becoming mysterious in its eventual occlusion near what the perspective hints at as a horizon. Makes me want to put on my walking shoes!

  7. #16087

    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    North Yorkshire, UK
    Posts
    58

    Re: Large Format Landscapes

    Thank you John, it’s a great place for a walk!

    Quote Originally Posted by John Layton View Post
    Love this image Tony...how the path is at once inviting and yet becoming mysterious in its eventual occlusion near what the perspective hints at as a horizon. Makes me want to put on my walking shoes!

  8. #16088
    http://www.spiritsofsilver.com tgtaylor's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    4,681

    Re: Large Format Landscapes

    Quote Originally Posted by newtorf View Post
    Intrepid 4x5 camera, Caltar 150mm lens, Fomapan 200, HC-110.

    A perfect subject for b&w. Bravo!

  9. #16089

    Re: Large Format Landscapes

    LOVE IT ! Hope you printed it on good paper

  10. #16090

    Join Date
    Sep 2021
    Posts
    161

    Re: Large Format Landscapes

    Thank you! It indeed is a perfect subject with perfect cloudy weather.

    Quote Originally Posted by tgtaylor View Post
    A perfect subject for b&w. Bravo!

Similar Threads

  1. Vintage Large format lens resolution & contrast
    By go8x10again@yahoo.com in forum Lenses & Lens Accessories
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 23-Jun-2014, 19:24
  2. Large Format Photographers to benefit cancer event
    By Steve Sherman in forum Announcements
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 8-Nov-2007, 08:50
  3. Large format lens
    By Ho Pei Jiun in forum Lenses & Lens Accessories
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 6-Jan-2005, 08:44
  4. large format article discussion
    By john g in forum On Photography
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 26-Jan-2001, 13:30
  5. Diffraction and Lens Flare
    By Paul Mongillo in forum Lenses & Lens Accessories
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 12-Mar-2000, 13:57

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •