Page 1516 of 1712 FirstFirst ... 516101614161466150615141515151615171518152615661616 ... LastLast
Results 15,151 to 15,160 of 17114

Thread: Large Format Landscapes

Re: Large Format Landscapes

Quote Originally Posted by Gabe View Post
    Wyming Brook in the Peak District.
    Terrific!
    “You often feel tired, not because you've done too much, but because you've done too little of what sparks a light in you.”
    ― Alexander Den Heijer, Nothing You Don't Already Know

Quote Originally Posted by ericantonio View Post
    Whoa! Outstanding!! Converted from color. That's amazing. I can barely get a good scan and good image with B&W negs and here you are upsetting everyone!
    Many thanks for the kind words. The original just wasn't quite working for me once I got it on the lightbox, but happily I found the monochrome version to have better balance.

Quote Originally Posted by Peter De Smidt View Post
    Terrific!
    Thank you!

Nice shot Gabe. I've shot BW and color and often find that I get better tones converting from color. Lightroom allows lightening and darkening individual colors to change their tones. So you can be very creative converting from color with loads of flexibility.

PS which editing program did you use?

Gabe...as has often been the case lately, I awoke several minutes ago - shortly after 1:00am...feeling restless with my brain going a mile a minute. Looking at your photo is exactly what my crazy brain needed - thank you!

To be more helpful...its amazing how your image - with all of its layers and complexities...works so very well! Whenever I am lucky enough to find myself at a place like this, I will often try to hone down on what I consider to be "essential" details...but sometimes at the expense of missing something more holistic - kind of like being at a great orchestral concert and only hearing the violins. It is images such as yours that often inspire me to try to do better - to see such wonderful interconnectedness...not as chaos but as harmony. At any rate...thanks for the music!

Quote Originally Posted by John Layton View Post
    Gabe...as has often been the case lately, I awoke several minutes ago - shortly after 1:00am...feeling restless with my brain going a mile a minute. Looking at your photo is exactly what my crazy brain needed - thank you!

To be more helpful...its amazing how your image - with all of its layers and complexities...works so very well! Whenever I am lucky enough to find myself at a place like this, I will often try to hone down on what I consider to be "essential" details...but sometimes at the expense of missing something more holistic - kind of like being at a great orchestral concert and only hearing the violins. It is images such as yours that often inspire me to try to do better - to see such wonderful interconnectedness...not as chaos but as harmony. At any rate...thanks for the music!
    I don't know what to say. You are too kind, thank you.

Yes sometimes it can be a real challenge to distill a harmonious, meaningful composition from the typical chaos of woodland scenes, but for me that is part of the appeal. Glad you enjoyed it.

Quote Originally Posted by Alan Klein View Post
    Nice shot Gabe. I've shot BW and color and often find that I get better tones converting from color. Lightroom allows lightening and darkening individual colors to change their tones. So you can be very creative converting from color with loads of flexibility.

PS which editing program did you use?
    Thank you. I use Lightroom for image cataloguing & occasional simple edits (or for stitching panoramas in RAW), and Photoshop for the main editing tasks. Once I had finished processing the colour original (to the point where it was as close to the appearence of the slide on the lightbox as I could manage) I converted it to B&W using Silver Efex Pro.

Fall Timewarp I - Confluence of Canada and Wildhog Creeks

I found a bunch of chromes I shot and never developed recently, with no idea what they were from. Turns out they were from some hiking I did two whole years ago and misplaced the little storage bag Kodak made for their Readyloads in my office.

Chamonix 45n1 and Schneider 58mm XL, I think, on Ektachrome VS:

Bryan | Blog | YouTube | Instagram | Portfolio
    All comments and thoughtful critique welcome

A new one from me, one of my faves on 10x8. Added to new 'favourite trees' page on website. May well try an alt-pro contact-print of this shortly too.

High Park, Blenheim Estate, Oxfordshire
    17th October 2020, 1:15pm

Chamonix 810V, Nikkor-SW 150mm f/8
    Ilford FP4+ 10x8 (EI 64)
    2½” f/45
    Stearman SP810, Pyrocat HD 2:2:100 (22ºC N-dev, 8’55”, 5' prewash) / Acetic Acid Stop 1' / TF4 Fix 4' / Hypoclear 1' / Final washes 10' / Ilfotol rinse
    Epson V850, Silverfast
    http://www.davidfearnphotography.co.uk
    see too my 5x4 and 8x10 flickr albums

A lot of very nice work at your web page, Dave.

Quote Originally Posted by h2oman View Post
    A lot of very nice work at your web page, Dave.
    That's very kind!
    http://www.davidfearnphotography.co.uk
    see too my 5x4 and 8x10 flickr albums