Page 1402 of 1714 FirstFirst ... 40290213021352139214001401140214031404141214521502 ... LastLast
Results 14,011 to 14,020 of 17135

Thread: Large Format Landscapes

Re: Large Format Landscapes

Quote Originally Posted by Corran View Post
    Lula Lake Falls and Rock Creek
    Linhof Master Technika, 58mm XL, TMX, Pyrocat:

I usually hike with my Chamonix (3.5 or maybe even 4 pounds lighter) but lately I've been using my Linhof and I think I might need to reconsider if those 4 pounds is worth the frustration I've been having with my Cham lately. Maybe I've beat it to hell and it's starting to get worn-out, but I've been having focus creep problems, alignment issues, etc. I've probably pushed 1000 sheets of film through it...

Anyway, for this shot I was precariously perched on a medium-sized rock that could just barely fit my tripod. I had to dance around the camera, careful not to slip and fall in the creek, while I focused. Then I realized my lens board was centered because I had popped my 58mm on a different board recently so I had to switch my lens board with the 150mm I had so I didn't have vignetting, while also not dropping it all in the creek! I am stupid yes I know .
    Still, a damn good image!

Thanks Steven. I was lucky the sun played ball and briefly went behind a hazy cloud, giving me this nice light for about 30 seconds.
    Bryan | Blog | YouTube | Instagram | Portfolio
    All comments and thoughtful critique welcome

Lula Lake Falls and Rock Creek.
    Ha, and a bit unlucky that all of the tourons decided to wear white that day... I'd definitely sneak back there with a second AD to tell everybody when to hunker...the blacks in the foreground are fantastic.

Thanks. Yeah so this place is only open 2 weekends a month during the warmer months and 1 weekend on the off-season, so it's pretty crowded. I talked to someone about getting in on an "off" day and apparently they allow that sometimes for special groups. I would love to have a "Large Format Photography Day" here with some of the N. GA LF group, and anyone else kinda sorta close, like you, so maybe I'll ask - in the fall would be awesome. Personally I would love camping here a couple nights if they allowed it.

It's one of the most unique waterfalls in GA, with such a sheer drop. This image gives a bit more context to the number of people around early in the day. It got way worse fast. I waited till they were at least situated and not awkwardly climbing around on the rocks.

I would love to have a "Large Format Photography Day" here with some of the N. GA LF group, and anyone else kinda sorta close,

It's one of the most unique waterfalls in GA, with such a sheer drop. [
    Very cool--you can tell that it's in that little patch of Cumberland Plateau there in Georgia...very much like the "amphitheaters" you find further north.

Otherwise, I hope you get the No' Georgia All-stars together soon. (FWIW, since another thread was discussing a noticeable "peen deficit" in terms of subject matter, maybe y'all can hack out some tasteful nudes too and kill two, ah, birds with one stone.)

LOL
    Yeah nah...

Recently I accidentally developed some color negative film as black and white. It was very dense and hard to use. I discovered last night that I could soak the negatives in Farmer's Reducer for a long time and that made the density come down to a more "normal" amount. I don't know what actually is going on here chemically but I salvaged this image and like the resultant tonality well enough.

Augusta Aqueduct
    Chamonix 45n1, 58mm XL, Portra developed in HC-110:

Nice. Like photographers of the old days who had to be chemists in their own right.

http://www.spiritsofsilver.com tgtaylor's Avatar

Untitled - Diablo Range, California, 2019:

This is one of three images I took on a 7-mile loop hike in Contra Costa county early last month. This one doesn't have any clouds but the other 2 do. All were shot on Kodak Tri-X 320 with a Toyo 45AX. I printed this image last night on Ilford warm-tone glossy RC and plan on reprinting it on various FB papers and trying various toners to see how much I can improve it. The contrast grade I chose for this printing was 2.75. A 10x loupe held to the print shows individual grass blades in focus throughout the print. A Rodenstock apo-sironar-s lens was used.

Thomas

Sometimes it's better to be lucky than good, as they say. Today I went out to shoot during a lull in the rain, but where I was planning to go was closed when I got there. So instead I went to one of my local places I go when I just want to shoot a frame or two and when I got out where I wanted to be, it started pouring rain. Luckily had the forethought to bring my umbrella. Then after that died down, the clouds went away and weren't interesting anymore. But then I looked around and happened upon this scene in the undergrowth. Beautiful pearls of light, the raindrops coalescing on the ferns. About 30 seconds after I made this image the sun came out and blasted the delicate light into oblivion.

Wehman UL 8x10, 4x10 DDS, Schneider 90mm XL @f/64, 3s exposure on Ilford FP4+ developed in HC-110 dil. B for 10 minutes at 75F (N+2 or something):