Page 1297 of 1714 FirstFirst ... 29779711971247128712951296129712981299130713471397 ... LastLast
Results 12,961 to 12,970 of 17135

Thread: Large Format Landscapes

Re: Large Format Landscapes

Thank you. Been about 15 years since I shot color through the view camera, and then it was all in the studio. Having a blast with these. Another batch getting packed up for the lab today.

A new (to me) Zone VI 4x5 camera arrived yesterday as I prepare for another project. Have been looking through my old view camera prints and came across this one. Always interested at the intersections of the natural landscape and man. Made it with an 8x10 Zone VI camera and a 125mm Fujinon lens which obviously vignettes.
    Steve Williams
    Scooter in the Sticks

MPP Micro Technical Mk VII - Nikkor 210/5.6 - Fuji Velvia

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Williams_812 View Post
    A new (to me)Made it with an 8x10 Zone VI camera and a 125mm Fujinon lens which obviously vignettes.
    Steve, for some reason I really like your vignettes - I think they remind me of the old silent movies when they would fade in and out of scenes, the did it with a circular fade. Makes me want to give this a try. I also just spent some time at your blog - I have been a rider since my first motorcycle purchase in 1978 - currently have a Honda Rebel 250 and a Suzuki SV 650 - love them both.
    https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/52893762/bigger4b.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Randy View Post
    Steve, for some reason I really like your vignettes - I think they remind me of the old silent movies when they would fade in and out of scenes, the did it with a circular fade. Makes me want to give this a try. I also just spent some time at your blog - I have been a rider since my first motorcycle purchase in 1978 - currently have a Honda Rebel 250 and a Suzuki SV 650 - love them both.
    I've made a lot of the circle pictures. Something odd and voyeuristic about the views seems to resonate with me. I've never been able to achieve them with 4x5 which I now have. Purely an 8x10 experience I guess.

Motorcycles --- I see a lot of the SV 650s and Honda Rebels in central Pennsylvania. They're both reliable machines that people seem to like. After some years of reviewing motorcycles I've focused my riding exclusively now with the Vespa GTS scooter. Was out earlier today testing the cold weather protection of a new Tucano Urbano Termoscud apron. Does a good job keeping the freezing wind off my feet and legs. Will definitely be nice when the temperatures get into the single digits...
    Steve Williams
    Scooter in the Sticks

If it get's too crowded where you live, there's a fair bit of unused space here...

Roadside gas station ruins & Dry Lake, S. of Austin, Nevada.
    #BUAB 191. Camera: 4x5 Tachihara, lens: 135mm Nikkor, O2 filter, on 4x5 Kodak PXP. Scanned negative.

. . Gas Station at Dry Lake by Reinhold S., on Flickr

Reinhold
    www.classicBWphoto.com

I went hiking over the weekend in Rocky Mountain National Park. I'm a pretty lucky guy as it is only a 40 minute drive up the canyon.

Here's one shot taken from the hike. Shot using a Zone VI 4x5 and Fujinon SW 125mm F5.6 lens. Shot through a #12 filter on Foma 200 and developed in Pyrocat MC for 8.5 minutes.

Mills Lake Trail - 4x5 by Andrew Marjama, on Flickr

Quote Originally Posted by Colorado CJ View Post
    I went hiking over the weekend in Rocky Mountain National Park. I'm a pretty lucky guy as it is only a 40 minute drive up the canyon.

Here's one shot taken from the hike. Shot using a Zone VI 4x5 and Fujinon SW 125mm F5.6 lens. Shot through a #12 filter on Foma 200 and developed in Pyrocat MC for 8.5 minutes.

Mills Lake Trail - 4x5 by Andrew Marjama, on Flickr
    Looks nice, I feel "in there". You have lots of photogenic material to work with in Colorado. A target rich environment!

Hello all, long time lurker but first time poster (hmm, sounds a bit creepy - I'll have to work on that LOL!). Here's a shot I made last weekend along the Mullerthal Trail, just outside of Echternach, Luxembourg. It was the first day in weeks that the sun had made an appearance and my wife and I tried to take full advantage of it by exploring some of the local area...unfortunately a storm system rolled through just as we arrived at this location. Result: fifteen minutes of holding an umbrella trying to keep the lens clean (and the umbrella out of the image) while a patient wife got soaked. LOL!

Mullerthal Trail, Luxembourg by Bill Ferguson, on Flickr

cheers,
    bill

Nice one. The slick, wet look after a rain, with a bit of sun, is a wonderful time to photograph.
    Bryan | Blog | YouTube | Instagram | Portfolio
    All comments and thoughtful critique welcome