Page 1112 of 1715 FirstFirst ... 112612101210621102111011111112111311141122116212121612 ... LastLast
Results 11,111 to 11,120 of 17147

Thread: Large Format Landscapes

Re: Large Format Landscapes

Quote Originally Posted by appletree View Post
    Woah. Love the mountain detail in the back right corner of the image. Great work. Do you have a site or flickr?
    Hello appletree - if you click on the photograph, it should take you through to my flickr stream.

Quote Originally Posted by Colorado CJ View Post
    Here's my first home processed slide film (or color film for that matter). I used the Arista Rapid E-6 kit to develop it.

Just a shot of one of the lakes in my town.

Taken with a Zone VI 4x5 camera and Fujinon W 125mm F5.6 lens, using a 2 stop graduated ND filter. Shot on Velvia 100 and processed with Arista E-6 chemicals.
    Love the brooding intensity of this, and looking forward to seeing more. I also respect the fact that you've developed colour slide film yourself - I've always imagined this to be complex and highly dependent on rigorous temperature control, so have never attempted it.

Looks good, congrats! David, I was lucky enough to find a water pump/heater system from someone on this forum for only about $200 I think it was, which included tanks and a Kodak process thermometer. Heater/pump made by Calumet. Nice unit, works like a charm and keeps the water bath rock solid. The tanks are metal to help heat transfer. If you ever find one or something similar, go for it, it's really not difficult after you nail down the temp control, especially if you use the 3-bath kits for E-6 (or 2-bath for C-41). Freestyle sells large 5L ones for an affordable price.
    Bryan | Blog | YouTube | Instagram | Portfolio
    All comments and thoughtful critique welcome

[QUOTE=David Hedley;12699
    Love the brooding intensity of this, and looking forward to seeing more. I also respect the fact that you've developed colour slide film yourself - I've always imagined this to be complex and highly dependent on rigorous temperature control, so have never attempted it.[/QUOTE]

Thanks.

I thought it would be hard to develop too, but all I used was a plastic tub and a thermometer. I just filled the tub with 120 degree water and put the chemical bottles in it and a gallon of water.

I then waited until the chemicals were at 105 degrees (the arista kit needs 105) and did a pre wash, then started developing.

I added a little hot water to the tub to keep the water at 105 degrees thoughout the processing.

It was a little tedious, but very easy to do without having a water bath or Jobo Processor. That being said, I would REALLY like to get a Jobo Processor one day.

A view of Valdez Valley, Taos NM looking west in early morning light. Chamonix 045 F1, Portra 160 film. A little uneven development in the sky, mea culpa.

Valdez valley looking west, Taos NM by Kenny Johnson, on Flickr

Kenny

1941 Eastman View Commerical B - Schneider G-Claron 210mm (Dagor type) - f/45 - Ilford Delta 100 - 8x10 Film - HC 110 1+100 - Unaltered Negative Scan

Quote Originally Posted by eddo123 View Post
    Ok then. Im waiting for the arrival of my first large format camera. Really looking forward to getting it, and then getting out into the landscape with it. But in the meantime I was just wandering if people could post up some of there favorite landscape shot on LF. Be it a large sweeping vista, or intimate details. Just really as a source of inspiration to myself when i get my camera and others like me, who cant wait to get out there with there new kit and shoot the land around them.

Thanks in advance, Edd
    You lucky so and so - starting out on a very long new journey.

John Olsen

mdm,
    You've made a nice composition for solving the problem of distant, hazy mountains.

Actually what I am learning is that for foma 100 and to a lesser extent delta 100, I need to underdevelop some of the very contrasty scenes I am attracted to, otherwise the paler tones just get compessed on the shoulder. Maybe it's time to do a full btzs test and using the system properly. At the moment I use a simplified btzs system where I meter the shadows with an incident meter set at 2x film speed and develop everything normally, except in flat light when I meter ambient light at normal film speed. It's a very interesting journey, this of photography thing.

Spouting Rock Falls

I just returned from a camping trip to the Glenwood Canyon. Here is a photo of an interesting falls that is right above Hanging Lake in the Glenwood Canyon of Colorado. The falls "spouts" from a hole in the cliff side. I'm not sure if it is coming from an underground spring or river or what.

Shot with a Zone VI 4x5 and Fujinon W 125mm F5.6 lens. Velvia 50 developed with the Arista Rapid E-6 developer. 3 second exposure at F45 and rated at 40 ISO

Spouting Rock - Velvia - 4x5 by Andrew Marjama, on Flickr