Page 1553 of 1598 FirstFirst ... 5531053145315031543155115521553155415551563 ... LastLast
Results 15,521 to 15,530 of 15977

Thread: Large Format Landscapes

  1. #15521

    Join Date
    Mar 2020
    Location
    Italy
    Posts
    83

    Re: Large Format Landscapes



    Chamonix 45N-2
    Symmar-S 5.6/150mm 1/60" at f16.5
    Ektar 100 at iso 80
    Dslr scan from negative
    Good photographs are gifts

    http://www.robertonania.com/

  2. #15522
    Vaughn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Humboldt County, CA
    Posts
    8,469

    Re: Large Format Landscapes

    Quote Originally Posted by Daniel Unkefer View Post
    ...A Biogon design that covers 9x12cm, or 4x5 if focused hyperfocally. But you can see all four corners of the image circle in this shot
    And the darkened corners work very well with the image...adds to it rather than being neutral or distracting.
    "Landscapes exist in the material world yet soar in the realms of the spirit..." Tsung Ping, 5th Century China

  3. #15523

    Re: Large Format Landscapes

    Quote Originally Posted by Gary Beasley View Post
    Very nice! Is that the one in Alabama?
    Thanks Gary! Rock Bridge is in southern Ohio, about an hour or so south of Columbus, in the Hocking Hills state park area. BTW I had to hike with 4x5 Norma for several miles in thick hot nasty brush to get to this place. When I got there I was glad Norma was with me
    Flikr Photos Here: https://www.flickr.com/photos/18134483@N04/

    “The secret of getting ahead is getting started.”
    ― Mark Twain

  4. #15524

    Re: Large Format Landscapes

    Quote Originally Posted by Vaughn View Post
    And the darkened corners work very well with the image...adds to it rather than being neutral or distracting.
    Thanks Vaughn! I'd like to visit there again at some point.
    Flikr Photos Here: https://www.flickr.com/photos/18134483@N04/

    “The secret of getting ahead is getting started.”
    ― Mark Twain

  5. #15525
    Gary Beasley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Marietta Ga. East Cobb.
    Posts
    658

    Re: Large Format Landscapes

    Quote Originally Posted by Daniel Unkefer View Post
    Thanks Gary! Rock Bridge is in southern Ohio, about an hour or so south of Columbus, in the Hocking Hills state park area. BTW I had to hike with 4x5 Norma for several miles in thick hot nasty brush to get to this place. When I got there I was glad Norma was with me
    Interesting, there is one in Alabama Ive been to that Ive taken similar images of. I’ll have to see if I can find it and post it here.

  6. #15526
    Photographer LocalHero1953's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2021
    Location
    Cambridge, UK
    Posts
    34

    Re: Large Format Landscapes

    My first image posts here, and almost my first LF images.
    Wandlebury Ring, Cambridge
    Gandolfi Precision 5x4, Fujinon 125/5.6, FP4, Ilfosol 3, digitised by camera.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	untitled 01-04-21 -09-Edit.jpg 
Views:	110 
Size:	226.0 KB 
ID:	214515

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	untitled 01-04-21 -03-Edit.jpg 
Views:	117 
Size:	237.8 KB 
ID:	214516
    _________________________________________________________
    Paul Ashley Photography

  7. #15527
    Tin Can's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    17,734

    Re: Large Format Landscapes

    Like

    both

    Quote Originally Posted by LocalHero1953 View Post
    My first image posts here, and almost my first LF images.
    Wandlebury Ring, Cambridge
    Gandolfi Precision 5x4, Fujinon 125/5.6, FP4, Ilfosol 3, digitised by camera.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	untitled 01-04-21 -09-Edit.jpg 
Views:	110 
Size:	226.0 KB 
ID:	214515

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	untitled 01-04-21 -03-Edit.jpg 
Views:	117 
Size:	237.8 KB 
ID:	214516

  8. #15528
    Vaughn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Humboldt County, CA
    Posts
    8,469

    Re: Large Format Landscapes

    Yes...both make great use of the light -- love the sense of the undulations of the foreground they create in the first image...and the more graphic shadows of the second.
    "Landscapes exist in the material world yet soar in the realms of the spirit..." Tsung Ping, 5th Century China

  9. #15529
    Steven Ruttenberg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Location
    Mesa, AZ
    Posts
    2,572

    Re: Large Format Landscapes

    Quote Originally Posted by Roberto Nania View Post


    Chamonix 45N-2
    Symmar-S 5.6/150mm 1/60" at f16.5
    Ektar 100 at iso 80
    Dslr scan from negative
    I like this one!

  10. #15530
    Steven Ruttenberg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Location
    Mesa, AZ
    Posts
    2,572

    Re: Large Format Landscapes

    Quote Originally Posted by LocalHero1953 View Post
    My first image posts here, and almost my first LF images.
    Wandlebury Ring, Cambridge
    Gandolfi Precision 5x4, Fujinon 125/5.6, FP4, Ilfosol 3, digitised by camera.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	untitled 01-04-21 -09-Edit.jpg 
Views:	110 
Size:	226.0 KB 
ID:	214515

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	untitled 01-04-21 -03-Edit.jpg 
Views:	117 
Size:	237.8 KB 
ID:	214516
    I really like the strong shadows from the trees in the second one.

Similar Threads

  1. Vintage Large format lens resolution & contrast
    By go8x10again@yahoo.com in forum Lenses & Lens Accessories
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 23-Jun-2014, 19:24
  2. Large Format Photographers to benefit cancer event
    By Steve Sherman in forum Announcements
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 8-Nov-2007, 08:50
  3. Large format lens
    By Ho Pei Jiun in forum Lenses & Lens Accessories
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 6-Jan-2005, 08:44
  4. large format article discussion
    By john g in forum On Photography
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 26-Jan-2001, 13:30
  5. Diffraction and Lens Flare
    By Paul Mongillo in forum Lenses & Lens Accessories
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 12-Mar-2000, 13:57

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •