Page 1172 of 1715 FirstFirst ... 172672107211221162117011711172117311741182122212721672 ... LastLast
Results 11,711 to 11,720 of 17143

Thread: Large Format Landscapes

Re: Large Format Landscapes

Quote Originally Posted by raspberrypatch View Post
    very nice at many levels .. tone, composition
    Thank you, much appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by mono View Post
    Ahh ... Glencoe!!!
    Wish I could be there again!!!!
    How I long to go to Scotland again...
    Ohh... great image, JeRuFo!
    Thank you, Folker. Funny that you should leave a comment. When I drove over there the day before, it was overcast and grey and I was planning on visiting the waterfall a bit further south in Glen Orchy that you have such a beautiful image of and has always stuck in my head. But when I saw the snow on the peaks and the sky opening up a bit, I couldn't resist a bit of sightseeing on Rannoch Moor.

Quote Originally Posted by angusparker View Post
    Only been once to Glencoe sadly before I took up LF. Much history for me personally being a MacDonald. Beautiful image - makes me what to go back again.
    Thank you. With a family history, some of the places in Scotland must be extra special to visit. Especially around the castles and ruins where the history of the clans is still very palpable.

Quote Originally Posted by McCoy View Post
    It does not matter, the results of velvia, because this work is breathtaking!
    Very kind, thank you.

Jewan
    A puny body weakens the soul.
    Paul Cezanne

Re Glencoe - what can I add? Very very nice...

Apropos of nothing, I bought my first large format camera not thirty miles from there, at Aberfeldy. Many years ago...

Neil

Quote Originally Posted by JeRuFo View Post

The Beuckle, Glencoe, Scotland
    TMX 4x5, 90mm Nikkor-SW

I spent one night near Glencoe on my way to Ullapool, about 3 weeks ago. A bit of a gamble hoping for that one sunrise to work out, but the weather cooperated beautifully. A clear and frosty night had put some ice on the water and turn the grass nice and crisp (with icicles hanging on the banks). I had spent 9 days there 3 years ago in the same time of year, but it was so grey and bland back then that it took this one morning to see why some of these locations are so famous.
    I have it on Velvia as well, but haven't developed those yet. But however that turns out, I think this one will stand its ground anyway.
    Really really beautiful! An amazing photograph and I'm very interested to see the colour version of it!

I love this place too. Have been there last year for 2 daysand managed to get some sunset shots. Was very lucky because the weather was quite bad overall. On my search for the best place to shoot I nearly sank into the moor, got stuck up to my hips in a hole that I didn't see but fortuneately I could get out quite easily. Here is one pic on Ektar 100 4x5, 75mm:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	247 
Size:	79.1 KB 
ID:	148792

That's a terrific photo, sdzsdz.
    “You often feel tired, not because you've done too much, but because you've done too little of what sparks a light in you.”
    ― Alexander Den Heijer, Nothing You Don't Already Know

Quote Originally Posted by sdzsdz View Post
    Really really beautiful! An amazing photograph and I'm very interested to see the colour version of it!

I love this place too. Have been there last year for 2 daysand managed to get some sunset shots. Was very lucky because the weather was quite bad overall. On my search for the best place to shoot I nearly sank into the moor, got stuck up to my hips in a hole that I didn't see but fortuneately I could get out quite easily. Here is one pic on Ektar 100 4x5, 75mm:

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	247 
Size:	79.1 KB 
ID:	148792
    Thank you, that's too kind.

I had seen your image before. I had never thought of shooting a sunset there, but the reflection on the water is very nice. I have never seen a fiery sunset on Rannoch Moor, but it must be quite special and helps the colour on the grass etc.
    It can get quite boggy there, that's true, and the moor is big, you're lucky you could get out on your own or it could have taken a while before you were found. I had the luck that there was a frozen top layer, which makes walking a bit easier. Still managed to sink through it with m boots here and there, but never anything worse.
    A puny body weakens the soul.
    Paul Cezanne

Bavarian Alps, Germany

Name:	alps.jpg 
Views:	185 
Size:	64.5 KB 
ID:	148837

Chamonix 45-N2 | Nikkor-M 200 | Ilford FP4+

Chamonix 045N-2, 75mm Grandagon N, Tmax 100 in Tmax dev., rotation development, Heidelberg Tango dumscanner

The Bridge by Sebastian Dziuba, auf Flickr

Chamonix 045N-2, 75mm Grandagon N, Tmax 100 in Tmax dev., rotation development, Heidelberg Tango dumscanner
    Simply wonderful!
    Jim Cole
    Flagstaff, AZ

Source, Spencers Creek

Gelatin-silver photograph on Freestyle Private Reserve VC FB photographic paper, image size 24.7cm X 19.5cm, from a 8x10 Fomapan 200 negative exposed in a Tachihara 810HD triple extension field view camera fitted with a Schneider Super Angulon 121mm f8 lens.
    Photography:first utterance. Sir John Herschel, 14 March 1839 at the Royal Society. "...Photography or the application of the Chemical rays of light to the purpose of pictorial representation,..".

The Bridge by Sebastian Dziuba, auf Flickr
    Excellent! That is a beauty!