Page 1563 of 1715 FirstFirst ... 563106314631513155315611562156315641565157316131663 ... LastLast
Results 15,621 to 15,630 of 17143

Thread: Large Format Landscapes

Re: Large Format Landscapes

I think it would be interesting to bring out the yellow tones even further, in contrast with the grayish rock.

Quote Originally Posted by LocalHero1953 View Post
    I'm willing to take the first comment as positive and the second as negative. The yellow colour of the rock is accurate, but I may have left the slate grey as a bit too blue.

Quote Originally Posted by LocalHero1953 View Post
    Slate quarry in Coppermines Valley, Coniston, UK
    Gandolfi 5x4, Nikkor SW 90 f8, Portra 400
    Attachment 216409
    Fabulous

The colours in the rocks are amazing (positive comment :-))

No doubt it is something to do with the mineral seepage from the local mineral rocks - but wonderful none the less.

Martin

Small town, South Carolina, US

No. As to "interesting colors" I meant it in a positive manner. The colors are great.

Quote Originally Posted by rfesk View Post
    No. As to "interesting colors" I meant it in a positive manner. The colors are great.
    Thank you!

Linhof Technikardan S45, Nikkor-M 9/300, Ektachrome E100.

Layers by atomstitcher, on Flickr

Excellent, a rather Pre-Raphaelite vibe.

I'm curious about your workflow, though, especially what you're calling the "HDR" aspect. I'm imagining, say, three separate bracketed exposures that you apply layer masks to in order to brush-in your dodge/burn edits. At any rate, a great use of a long focal length...

Yes -- excellent! A wonderful use of color as part (just about all, really) of the composition. Love the way the pink form on the left color-contrasts with the green form of the right, with both being contrasted by the white in the middle. All tied together by the red leaves (left-over fall maple leaves?)
    "Landscapes exist in the material world yet soar in the realms of the spirit..." Tsung Ping, 5th Century China

Quote Originally Posted by CreationBear View Post
    Excellent, a rather Pre-Raphaelite vibe.

I'm curious about your workflow, though, especially what you're calling the "HDR" aspect. I'm imagining, say, three separate bracketed exposures that you apply layer masks to in order to brush-in your dodge/burn edits. At any rate, a great use of a long focal length...
    Thank you

The "HDR" refers to blending of 3 bracketed exposures of each segment of the film during digitisation and stitching. I just merge all the files to an "HDR panorama" in Lightroom, then make my RAW adjustments from there. I only do this with slide film. At base ISO the D810 I use for digitisation has a dynamic range of over 14 stops, so it is capable of recording the entire Dmax range of even Velvia 50 with a single exposure, however I have found that having an extra couple of stops of information provided by a blended HDR raw helps to reproduce accurate shadow and highlight detail of the original (especially the highlights).

Quote Originally Posted by Vaughn View Post
    Yes -- excellent! A wonderful use of color as part (just about all, really) of the composition. Love the way the pink form on the left color-contrasts with the green form of the right, with both being contrasted by the white in the middle. All tied together by the red leaves (left-over fall maple leaves?)
    Many thanks.

Those deep crimson-purple leaves are not left over from Autumn, as this was shot in early May. That is just their colour; I believe the tree is a "Crimson King" acer, but am not 100% sure.
    Last edited by Gabe; 8-Jun-2021 at 09:46.

Excellent, it must take a bit of horsepower to handle those files! Otherwise, it's a great study.

Quote Originally Posted by CreationBear View Post
    Excellent, it must take a bit of horsepower to handle those files! Otherwise, it's a great study.
    Yes, I stitch 9 overlapping segments, and the resulting images are about 90 megapixels. With multiple layers/masks etc the final edited 16-bit files can easily end up being several GB each, but my machine can handle it pretty well.