Page 1505 of 1714 FirstFirst ... 505100514051455149515031504150515061507151515551605 ... LastLast
Results 15,041 to 15,050 of 17135

Thread: Large Format Landscapes

Vallantho

Re: Large Format Landscapes

Quote Originally Posted by Old_Dick View Post
    Val,

You haven't missed a step. Well done and a gold star.
    Thank you, that’s very encouraging!

Quote Originally Posted by Pat Kearns View Post
    Vallantho, it is an interesting subject to me as well. I worked in the stevedoring business for 23 years before retiring 2 years ago. My office overlooked the Port of Mobile and I looked down the river at half a dozen of Panamax cranes like those. I saw millions of containers handled by those cranes. The commerce from the 4 corners of the world are handled by them. Watching those crane operators is like watching an artist at work. Sorry for the loss of your father.

I agree with Old_Dick and give it a gold star as well.
    Regards,
    Pat
    They’re incredible pieces of engineering. Late at night when everything is quiet and the wind is blowing in the right direction I can lay in bed and listen to the echoing noise of the containers being moved around. It’s pretty cool.

Thank you both for the kind words

Quote Originally Posted by Vallantho View Post
    Southampton Docks by vallantho, on Flickr

First time I’ve shot a sheet of 8x10 in about 3 years. First time I’ve been able to. Long story. Not the most interesting subject. Southampton docks. But my dad used to drive those cranes, well not those actual ones, they’ve been replaced since he retired, close enough though. He died a few years ago unfortunately so to me it’s sort of a meaningful thing to photograph.

Shot two sheets. This black and white on Fomapan 100 developed in Rodinal. I shot another on some expired Provia. Still not back from the lab yet.

Lens was a 300mm Nikkor W 5.6
    Outstanding photo and deep meaning. I love the story behind the photo. It just gives it so much more "sense" and purpose I guess.
    --

Linhof Technikardan S45, Schneider-Kreuznach Apo-Symmar L 5.6/150, Kodak T-Max 400, Pyrocat-HD:

--- by atomstitcher, on Flickr

Quote Originally Posted by Steven Ruttenberg View Post
    Grand Canyon South, Lipon Point 2018 July Monsoon. This fee like polishing a turd. It just seems off. But after six months of no photography work, I need a hard one to work one to refresh my skills. This is more than a snap shot and less than a portfolio imho. Getting back to the Canyon this weekend. Was there two weeks ago and got pummeled with a storm. Good thing my camera was anchored down or it would have flew away.

Awesome, Steve! Can't wait to see what you consider to be a portfolio shot.

Vallantho

Quote Originally Posted by ericantonio View Post
    Outstanding photo and deep meaning. I love the story behind the photo. It just gives it so much more "sense" and purpose I guess.
    Thank you. Glad you like it!

Love it!

Quote Originally Posted by Vallantho View Post
    Southampton Docks by vallantho, on Flickr

First time I’ve shot a sheet of 8x10 in about 3 years. First time I’ve been able to. Long story. Not the most interesting subject. Southampton docks. But my dad used to drive those cranes, well not those actual ones, they’ve been replaced since he retired, close enough though. He died a few years ago unfortunately so to me it’s sort of a meaningful thing to photograph.

Shot two sheets. This black and white on Fomapan 100 developed in Rodinal. I shot another on some expired Provia. Still not back from the lab yet.

Lens was a 300mm Nikkor W 5.6
    Tin Can

2 x velvia 50 4x5 shots from Tongariro in New Zealand. When an epic location and perfect conditions collide.

For a gallery of my work and to buy prints, please visit my website:
    www.andrewburnsnz.com

Or for information about the Midtone Machines automatic film developer:
    Midtone Machines

Just finished processing two more, both of these were on Ektar.

For a gallery of my work and to buy prints, please visit my website:
    www.andrewburnsnz.com

Or for information about the Midtone Machines automatic film developer:
    Midtone Machines

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Roberts View Post
    Before all the smoke...
    I needed to revisit some grand landscapes made before this season's wildfires. This one is from August 2017...

I'd been trying for several years to make a photograph I liked from Artist Point in Yellowstone. Either empty skies, overcast skies, front lighting, fogged film, you name it seemed to ruin my attempts. Finally, after getting the fogged film back from the lab, I checked the weather forecast and it looked like promising weather in the next week. I opened a new box of 11x14 Provia and loaded up. Eight hour drive, slept in the car overnight, got there early, got my spot, braved the hordes of tour buses, got my shot, and drove home. And came home with this.

1895 Rochester King 11x14, Turner Reich 15", Provia 100F, f32, 1/10, polarizing filter.
    Excellent capture! Where does one get 11x14" Provia from these days and how expired is it?

Quote Originally Posted by unityofsaints View Post
    Excellent capture! Where does one get 11x14" Provia from these days and how expired is it?
    Thanks! The 11x14 Provia I have expired in 2011. I don't know if Fuji will cut special orders or not. The story I heard was this was a special order from Disney. I think Keith Canham can still get color neg film in ULF sizes from Kodak, though. Last time I looked, Portra was about $30/sheet.