Page 1587 of 1715 FirstFirst ... 587108714871537157715851586158715881589159716371687 ... LastLast
Results 15,861 to 15,870 of 17147

Thread: Large Format Landscapes

Drew Wiley

Re: Large Format Landscapes

afxstudio - Yes, its a nice image; but I would have personally cropped a fair amount from the bottom to give a image more linearity, and to emphasize the upper portion - leading the eye to follow the skyline. A lot of the lower content seems redundant to me. I would have preferred to emphasize the jagged edges of the skyline and bold verticals more, yet without surrendering the softer balance of the grassy foreground entirely. That would also increase the sense of scale or monumentality of the background formations. But everything necessary is there if you do choose to print it in an alternative cropped version.
    Last edited by Drew Wiley; 21-Oct-2021 at 19:38.

Linhof Technikardan S45, Schneider-Kreuznach Apo-Symmar L 5.6/150, T-Max 100 (EI 200), N+1 dev in DD-X.

Twelve Birches by atomstitcher, on Flickr

Quote Originally Posted by Gabe View Post
    Linhof Technikardan S45, Schneider-Kreuznach Apo-Symmar L 5.6/150, T-Max 100 (EI 200), N+1 dev in DD-X.
    I might not look Drui[d]ish but that spooky looking block in the foreground seems to be sparking some unfortunate ancestral memories.

At any rate, a great scene but I find myself fascinated by what's happening at the top of the frame--kind of a cross between John Blakemore and Thomas Joshua Cooper to my eyes.

Quote Originally Posted by CreationBear View Post
    At any rate, a great scene but I find myself fascinated by what's happening at the top of the frame--kind of a cross between John Blakemore and Thomas Joshua Cooper to my eyes.
    Thanks. Yes I also found this effect interesting, but I can't claim it was intentional. The 10 second exposure was simply fortuitous and created just the right degree of motion blur in the foliage. In conjunction with the tonality from the soft light this lends a pleasing fluidity to the upper image elements, which in turn contrast well against the solid three-dimensionality of the lower half.

T-Max 100 (EI 200), N+1 dev in DD-X.
    My compliments for the great tonal scale, the decision for N+1 and the development of T-Max100 in DD-X! I never succeeded to get good images images with this film, neither in DD-X.

Quote Originally Posted by otto.f View Post
    My compliments for the great tonal scale, the decision for N+1 and the development of T-Max100 in DD-X! I never succeeded to get good images images with this film, neither in DD-X.
    Thank you. For my workflow I find DD-X to work well with a variety of cubic and T-grain emulsions. A bit pricey though, so I try to wait until I can develop multiple sheets at a time. Pyrocat-HD also works nicely for T-Max films IMO, and is more economical. I would prefer to use Acros, but sadly it is no more in sheet formats so T-Max is the next nearest thing.

-Gabe- Beautiful presentation of an intriguing subject.

Thank you. For my workflow I find DD-X to work well with a variety of cubic and T-grain emulsions. A bit pricey though, so I try to wait until I can develop multiple sheets at a time. Pyrocat-HD also works nicely for T-Max films IMO, and is more economical. I would prefer to use Acros, but sadly it is no more in sheet formats so T-Max is the next nearest thing.
    Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Jones View Post
    -Gabe- Beautiful presentation of an intriguing subject.
    Thanks Jim.

The flatirons at Boulder, Colorado just before the storm.

Intrepid 5x7 + Ronar 360 + Arista 100, cropped