Page 1594 of 1715 FirstFirst ... 594109414941544158415921593159415951596160416441694 ... LastLast
Results 15,931 to 15,940 of 17147

Thread: Large Format Landscapes

Re: Large Format Landscapes

Quote Originally Posted by Gabe View Post
    Thanks for the comments.

I actually shot this exact scene on Provia too, albeit without the polariser. The slide looks good, still very natural, although in this case turned out a little bit too cold and unsaturated (because of all the reflections off the foliage), which was not what I was hoping for. My fault of course, so I can't blame the film for that. The polarised Ektar version matches my memory of the scene more closely. Memory can be a funny thing though, and heavily influenced by emotional responses. I think that's why people often react so favourably to seeing slides "in the flesh", as the extra punch of contrast and saturation perhaps keys in to that emotional memory state more readily. Typically however I find some part of that magical quality of an original slide is lost on translation to print or digital presentation.

Ultimately all photography is artifice to some degree or another. I'm just glad to have both options in the tool box.
    Thanks and agree, I wouldn’t want to miss Provia either and slides have my preference above negatives in general.

Linhof Technikardan S45, Rodenstock Grandagon-N 4.5/90, center ND, Portra 160.

Padley View by atomstitcher, on Flickr
    Last edited by Gabe; 13-Jan-2022 at 10:25.

N Face of Mt Temple, Canadian Rockies
    Deardorff 5x7, Tri-X, Contact print on Azo & 1!"x14" enlargement on Ilford Cooltone in Ansco 130

Flickr
    Last edited by Greg Y; 30-Nov-2021 at 12:24.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Bowling Trees.jpg 
Views:	49 
Size:	116.0 KB 
ID:	221512

At Green Gulch, in the extreme S.E. of WA State.

Nagaoka Seisakusho 4x5 (as "Calumet Woodfield"), Rodenstock Grandagon N 90mm f/6.8, Provia 100F, NCPS, Epson V800.

How does one attach a full sized picture like all the others herein? I seem only to be able to post a small version for folks to click to open.... Please advise.

Same Details.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Cliffs Smaller.jpg 
Views:	41 
Size:	149.1 KB 
ID:	221513
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Cliffs.jpg  

Quote Originally Posted by Brad Cloven View Post
    How does one attach a full sized picture like all the others herein? I seem only to be able to post a small version for folks to click to open.... Please advise.
    If you have a larger image hosted elsewhere you can paste the URL of the file itself into IMG tags, using the syntax "[img]URL to your image[/img]" (without the quotes). This will embed that image into the forum post.

Alternatively some image hosting websites (such as Flickr) allow you to copy and paste a more elaborate block of code that will embed a preview image of a size you select, but also link to the original hosted page when the image is clicked on.

Stuck inside of Tucson with the Neverland Blues again...

Quote Originally Posted by Brad Cloven View Post
    The image must be hosted on another site, like Flickr, and a link posted here which automatically posts the image from that site.
    "I love my Verito lens, but I always have to sharpen everything in Photoshop..."

Shazaammmm!!! Thanks!