Page 1492 of 1540 FirstFirst ... 492992139214421482149014911492149314941502 ... LastLast
Results 14,911 to 14,920 of 15394

Thread: Large Format Landscapes

  1. #14911

    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    717

    Re: Large Format Landscapes

    Quote Originally Posted by Alan Klein View Post

    Craig House 1
    by Alan Klein, on Flickr
    Chamonix 45H-1, Tmax 400, Clayton F76+ developer by North Coast Photo, Epson V850 Scanner, edited in Lightroom
    Craig House, Yr. 1840, Monmouth Battlefield, NJ
    Jeebus, that's lovely. Sharp, it hurts my eyes! f/2million!
    --

  2. #14912
    George Sheils
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Ireland
    Posts
    148

    Re: Large Format Landscapes

    Very nice work with that 75mm, Antonio.
    Bravo.

  3. #14913
    Jeffery Dale Welker
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Mesa, Arizona
    Posts
    370

    Re: Large Format Landscapes

    On relatively clear summer mornings, the first full rays of direct sunlight can be harsh in the Arizona desert. No matter, it often creates wonderful backlighting and contrast. This magnificent Saguaro resides next to a slab of concrete that at one time was an Army Air Field barracks during World War II. The old and dying Mesquite, that wraps around the lower half of this Saguaro, once served as a nurse tree providing shelter and protection during the tenuous early years of this Saguaro’s growth. As often is the case, as the Saguaro grew larger it competed for the same life-sustaining resources needed by its nurse tree. Such is the unique circle of life in the Arizona desert. The nurse tree is slowly killed by the Saguaro it has protected so well.

    NURSE TREE CONSEQUENCES (toned) - Coolidge, Arizona by Jeffery Dale Welker, on Flickr

    Camera: Arca-Swiss 4x5, Developer: Ilford Ilfotch DDX, Exposure: 1/4th @ F/32, Film: Illford FP4+ @ ISO 100, Filter: B+W Orange MRC 040M, Lens: Nikon Nikkor-SW 90mm f/8, SP-445 Compact 4x5 Film Processing System
    "I have this feeling of walking around for days with the wind knocked out of me." - Jim Harrison

  4. #14914

    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    717

    Re: Large Format Landscapes

    Quote Originally Posted by Salmo22 View Post
    On relatively clear summer mornings, the first full rays of direct sunlight can be harsh in the Arizona desert. No matter, it often creates wonderful backlighting and contrast. This magnificent Saguaro resides next to a slab of concrete that at one time was an Army Air Field barracks during World War II. The old and dying Mesquite, that wraps around the lower half of this Saguaro, once served as a nurse tree providing shelter and protection during the tenuous early years of this Saguaro’s growth. As often is the case, as the Saguaro grew larger it competed for the same life-sustaining resources needed by its nurse tree. Such is the unique circle of life in the Arizona desert. The nurse tree is slowly killed by the Saguaro it has protected so well.

    NURSE TREE CONSEQUENCES (toned) - Coolidge, Arizona by Jeffery Dale Welker, on Flickr

    Camera: Arca-Swiss 4x5, Developer: Ilford Ilfotch DDX, Exposure: 1/4th @ F/32, Film: Illford FP4+ @ ISO 100, Filter: B+W Orange MRC 040M, Lens: Nikon Nikkor-SW 90mm f/8, SP-445 Compact 4x5 Film Processing System
    this is wonderful! That poor nurse tree...
    --

  5. #14915

    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Posts
    1,039

    Re: Large Format Landscapes

    Salmo22, the harsh light in that image truly reveals the look of our desert landscapes in full sunlight. Nice job!!

  6. #14916

    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    143

    Re: Large Format Landscapes

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Redwoods_Ektar_100_7-Edit-Edit copy.jpg 
Views:	195 
Size:	64.2 KB 
ID:	204967

    Redwoods
    Arca Swiss F Line Metric / Nikon 150mm
    Ektar 100

  7. #14917

    Join Date
    Feb 1999
    Posts
    802

    Re: Large Format Landscapes

    Quote Originally Posted by gmed View Post
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Redwoods_Ektar_100_7-Edit-Edit copy.jpg 
Views:	195 
Size:	64.2 KB 
ID:	204967

    Redwoods
    Arca Swiss F Line Metric / Nikon 150mm
    Ektar 100
    Very nice!

  8. #14918
    Jeffery Dale Welker
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Mesa, Arizona
    Posts
    370

    Re: Large Format Landscapes

    Quote Originally Posted by ericantonio View Post
    this is wonderful! That poor nurse tree...
    Thank you Eric.
    "I have this feeling of walking around for days with the wind knocked out of me." - Jim Harrison

  9. #14919
    Jeffery Dale Welker
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Mesa, Arizona
    Posts
    370

    Re: Large Format Landscapes

    Quote Originally Posted by Alan9940 View Post
    Salmo22, the harsh light in that image truly reveals the look of our desert landscapes in full sunlight. Nice job!!
    Thank you Alan.
    "I have this feeling of walking around for days with the wind knocked out of me." - Jim Harrison

  10. #14920

    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    717

    Re: Large Format Landscapes

    Quote Originally Posted by gmed View Post
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Redwoods_Ektar_100_7-Edit-Edit copy.jpg 
Views:	195 
Size:	64.2 KB 
ID:	204967

    Redwoods
    Arca Swiss F Line Metric / Nikon 150mm
    Ektar 100
    Ohhh, memories when I used to live in Palo Alto and drove all over to Half Moon Bay and down towards Watsonville. Lovely. Reminds me of my young kids hiking around.
    --

Similar Threads

  1. Vintage Large format lens resolution & contrast
    By go8x10again@yahoo.com in forum Lenses & Lens Accessories
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 23-Jun-2014, 19:24
  2. Large Format Photographers to benefit cancer event
    By Steve Sherman in forum Announcements
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 8-Nov-2007, 08:50
  3. Large format lens
    By Ho Pei Jiun in forum Lenses & Lens Accessories
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 6-Jan-2005, 08:44
  4. large format article discussion
    By john g in forum On Photography
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 26-Jan-2001, 13:30
  5. Diffraction and Lens Flare
    By Paul Mongillo in forum Lenses & Lens Accessories
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 12-Mar-2000, 13:57

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •