Page 1393 of 1476 FirstFirst ... 3938931293134313831391139213931394139514031443 ... LastLast
Results 13,921 to 13,930 of 14752

Thread: Large Format Landscapes

  1. #13921

    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    176

    Re: Large Format Landscapes

    >> Some folks like to really overexpose color neg film
    It is almost impossible to do that

  2. #13922

    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Vermont
    Posts
    197

    Re: Large Format Landscapes

    Nice image ✨
    Quote Originally Posted by Meekyman View Post
    And another image from further along where I've walked into the distant background to the left on the image previously posted. With such amazing colour all around, madness to make a black and white image but it suited the mood better to me.

    An Tudair from Loch Affric

    Attachment 189045

    Chamonix 045N-2, 210mm Caltar f6.8@f22 and 1/3, 1/4s, Ilford Delta 100, Orange filter. Epson V700 scan and lightroom/colourperfect processing.

  3. #13923

    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    College Station TX
    Posts
    170

    Re: Large Format Landscapes

    A late afternoon shot of The Window in Big Bend Natl Park from the backside, Ross Maxwell Drive. Chamonix 045-F1, Ektar 100.

    BBNP, March 2019, the Window from Ross Maxwell Drive. by Kenny Johnson, on Flickr

  4. #13924

    Re: Large Format Landscapes

    I don’t think Iv’e ever seen The Window from this side. This is a neat perspective. I remember this from my childhood when living in Ft. Stockton.
    --- Steve from Missouri ---

  5. #13925

    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    College Station TX
    Posts
    170

    Re: Large Format Landscapes

    Quote Originally Posted by scheinfluger_77 View Post
    I don’t think Iv’e ever seen The Window from this side. This is a neat perspective. I remember this from my childhood when living in Ft. Stockton.
    Actually prefer this side, it's much less crowded than the Basin usually is.

  6. #13926
    Steven Ruttenberg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Location
    Mesa, AZ
    Posts
    2,290

    Re: Large Format Landscapes

    Quote Originally Posted by Corran View Post
    I took this image a while ago but just developed it. I posted the b&w one previously, but I decided to shoot a sheet of color as well. However, I discovered my Linhof film holders didn't fit the Mercury 4x5 camera properly, so I just kinda held the holder up to the back and gave it a go. Worked well enough (a tiny light leak in the corner, easily fixed in PS). I need to shoot more color here, as the earthy tones in the fog and misty morning light were quite nice.

    Indian Shell Mounds Park
    Dauphin Island, Alabama
    Mercury 4x5, 47mm XL, Portra 160VC:

    Nice job. Like the soft colors.

  7. #13927
    Corran's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    North GA Mountains
    Posts
    7,356

    Re: Large Format Landscapes

    Thanks Steven. I am trending towards softer colors and contrasts with color film lately.

    This is a photo I've been meaning to shoot for a while. Amicalola Falls, GA's highest waterfall, can be viewed down at the parking area, especially before the trees get all their leaves back. The trailhead goes allllll the way up there, via a tough trail and lots of stairs. Anyway, I shot this image using my Wehman UL 8x10 and Nikkor-T 720mm f/16 lens, on T-Max 400 dev'd in DD-X 1:9:



    The sun also has to be in the right place to illuminate the falls, which only happens for a couple hours a day. It took me a few tries to get this how I wanted it
    Bryan | Blog | YouTube | Instagram
    All comments and thoughtful critique welcome

  8. #13928

    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Cambridge, UK
    Posts
    175

    Re: Large Format Landscapes

    Some images from a week in the Snowdonia National Park, Wales. No snow and most unusually warm weather!

    The whole area was far more industrial than it is now, with a history of mining. This mine, in Cwm Penant, was for copper and the local slate, also mined, was used for the buildings. The mountain in the background forms part of the Nantlle Ridge.
    Chamonix 045N-2, Caltar 90mm f6.8@f32 and 1/3, 2s, Orange filter, Ilford Delta 100.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Cwm Penant mine Feb 19.jpg 
Views:	149 
Size:	104.7 KB 
ID:	190049

    Many of the old mine buildings are in ruins. Great for detail shots!
    Chamonix 045N-2, Nikon 300mm f9@f32 and 1/3, 5s, Orange filter, Ilford Delta 100.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Slates Bwlch Llan Feb 19.jpg 
Views:	140 
Size:	125.5 KB 
ID:	190053

  9. #13929

    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Cambridge, UK
    Posts
    175

    Re: Large Format Landscapes

    Some more images from Snowdonia, February 2019, not mine related!

    Crepuscular Rays from Crimpiau
    At the end of walk over too many boggy fields and blocked "rights of way", we came to this view from Crimpiau looking towards Llynau Mymbyr.
    Chamonix 045N-2, Caltar 90mm f6.8@f16 and 1/3, 1s, Red filter, Ilford Delta 100.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Crespecular Crimpiau Feb 19.jpg 
Views:	102 
Size:	101.8 KB 
ID:	190054

    A view of Bryn Castell from near Gelli Llago, sort of Island in the Sky!
    Chamonix 045N-2, Nikon 300mm f9@f32 and 1/3, 1s, Orange filter, Ilford Delta 100.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Bryn Castell Gelli Llago Feb 19.jpg 
Views:	92 
Size:	92.8 KB 
ID:	190055

  10. #13930
    loujon
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Western, PA.
    Posts
    1,514

    Re: Large Format Landscapes

    Quote Originally Posted by Meekyman View Post
    Some images from a week in the Snowdonia National Park, Wales. No snow and most unusually warm weather!

    The whole area was far more industrial than it is now, with a history of mining. This mine, in Cwm Penant, was for copper and the local slate, also mined, was used for the buildings. The mountain in the background forms part of the Nantlle Ridge.
    Chamonix 045N-2, Caltar 90mm f6.8@f32 and 1/3, 2s, Orange filter, Ilford Delta 100.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Cwm Penant mine Feb 19.jpg 
Views:	149 
Size:	104.7 KB 
ID:	190049

    Many of the old mine buildings are in ruins. Great for detail shots!
    Chamonix 045N-2, Nikon 300mm f9@f32 and 1/3, 5s, Orange filter, Ilford Delta 100.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Slates Bwlch Llan Feb 19.jpg 
Views:	140 
Size:	125.5 KB 
ID:	190053
    Quote Originally Posted by Meekyman View Post
    Some more images from Snowdonia, February 2019, not mine related!

    Crepuscular Rays from Crimpiau
    At the end of walk over too many boggy fields and blocked "rights of way", we came to this view from Crimpiau looking towards Llynau Mymbyr.
    Chamonix 045N-2, Caltar 90mm f6.8@f16 and 1/3, 1s, Red filter, Ilford Delta 100.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Crespecular Crimpiau Feb 19.jpg 
Views:	102 
Size:	101.8 KB 
ID:	190054

    A view of Bryn Castell from near Gelli Llago, sort of Island in the Sky!
    Chamonix 045N-2, Nikon 300mm f9@f32 and 1/3, 1s, Orange filter, Ilford Delta 100.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Bryn Castell Gelli Llago Feb 19.jpg 
Views:	92 
Size:	92.8 KB 
ID:	190055
    Looks like a wonderful place to burn some film Meekman. Really dig the images thanks for sharing.

Similar Threads

  1. Vintage Large format lens resolution & contrast
    By go8x10again@yahoo.com in forum Lenses & Lens Accessories
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 23-Jun-2014, 19:24
  2. Large Format Photographers to benefit cancer event
    By Steve Sherman in forum Announcements
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 8-Nov-2007, 08:50
  3. Large format lens
    By Ho Pei Jiun in forum Lenses & Lens Accessories
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 6-Jan-2005, 08:44
  4. large format article discussion
    By john g in forum On Photography
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 26-Jan-2001, 13:30
  5. Diffraction and Lens Flare
    By Paul Mongillo in forum Lenses & Lens Accessories
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 12-Mar-2000, 13:57

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •