Page 1454 of 1715 FirstFirst ... 45495413541404144414521453145414551456146415041554 ... LastLast
Results 14,531 to 14,540 of 17143

Thread: Large Format Landscapes

Re: Large Format Landscapes

Quote Originally Posted by John Layton View Post
    Bryan your black and white waterfall is stunning. The fact that the fall's are centered in the image and yet it works so perfectly. Such delicately defined tonalities - would love to see this print in person! Question: by what means did you process for semi-stand? Trays? Tank? Just curious!
    Thanks John!

In this instance I used my HP Combiplan tank with 1200mL of solution. I had 4 sheets of film to develop.

I have also on occasion used a single BTZS tube stood vertically to semi-stand develop one sheet. I make sure the sheet is inserted further down from the "lip" of the tube so it's completely covered by solution. I can't remember what the volume of the tube is but I mix up enough to fill it plus some extra, and then use another tube to measure out the exact amount needed to fill the tube up to the lip. Then I pour it in and close it up, and invert the tube back and forth for the first 30 seconds.
    Bryan | Blog | YouTube | Instagram | Portfolio
    All comments and thoughtful critique welcome

Quote Originally Posted by lassethomas View Post

Archpelago
    Stockholm, Sweden

Chamonix 45H-1, Symmar-S 150/5.6, HP5+
    Well done.

Quote Originally Posted by Ben Calwell View Post
    That’s a beauty!
    Quote Originally Posted by Steven Ruttenberg View Post
    Well done.
    Thanks!

I liked the different scales. A detail of the Stockholm archipelago as a micro archipelago

Four Peaks Arizona at night. You can't tell, but Milky Way is in the background as are a few stars. However, with only a 25 minute exposure, there is not near enough exposure time to record the faint details and the sky glow over rides the faint starts and Milky Way. If I had it on a guided mount, I could have made a many hours long exposure and got a could image of the stars and Milky Way.

Shot on Portra 160, 75mm Nikkor.

Which way are you facing? If towards Phoenix, you'll certainly never overcome the light pollution, but perhaps you could facing away.

I see that's near the Roosevelt Dam. I drove all the way down 88, then up and around 188 to 87 last time I was in AZ. It was a nice drive with some good photo potential, but the day I went was awfully hazy and with no clouds. Maybe I'll get lucky next time.
    Bryan | Blog | YouTube | Instagram | Portfolio
    All comments and thoughtful critique welcome

Garden of the Gods 1 by Nokton48, on Flickr

4x5 Sinar Norma 90mm Sinar Super Angulon HP5 in PMK+ contact print on Promaster VC RC. My first attempt at split printing. Multigrade dev
    Flikr Photos Here: https://www.flickr.com/photos/18134483@N04/

“The secret of getting ahead is getting started.”
    ― Mark Twain

That's the Arizona I know!

Quote Originally Posted by Steven Ruttenberg View Post
    Four Peaks Arizona at night. You can't tell, but Milky Way is in the background as are a few stars. However, with only a 25 minute exposure, there is not near enough exposure time to record the faint details and the sky glow over rides the faint starts and Milky Way. If I had it on a guided mount, I could have made a many hours long exposure and got a could image of the stars and Milky Way.

Shot on Portra 160, 75mm Nikkor.

Tin Can

Steven, it's a good landscape. On my monitor, though, it looks too blue and too magenta. It can help to make a color balance layer. Now move each of the sliders from one side to the other, watching what happens. That way you can fairly quickly hone in on what looks best. For me (and my monitor) that meant +6 green and -25 blue.
    “You often feel tired, not because you've done too much, but because you've done too little of what sparks a light in you.”
    ― Alexander Den Heijer, Nothing You Don't Already Know

Actually I did that, I may have added too much blue. Let me go back and see what my settings are. I can send/post image without color balance. I will try your settings as well. I was trying for a color look as it appeared to warm to me, but I probably went too far.

Thanks for the suggestions. They are always very good at improving my images.

Quote Originally Posted by Corran View Post
    Which way are you facing? If towards Phoenix, you'll certainly never overcome the light pollution, but perhaps you could facing away.

I see that's near the Roosevelt Dam. I drove all the way down 88, then up and around 188 to 87 last time I was in AZ. It was a nice drive with some good photo potential, but the day I went was awfully hazy and with no clouds. Maybe I'll get lucky next time.
    I am east of Highway 87 facing pretty much due east towards globe, Tucson, etc. Phoenix and Tempe are direct y behind me.