Page 1509 of 1715 FirstFirst ... 509100914091459149915071508150915101511151915591609 ... LastLast
Results 15,081 to 15,090 of 17144

Thread: Large Format Landscapes

Re: Large Format Landscapes

High Shoals Falls on Raccoon Creek - Dallas, GA
    Shen-Hao HZX45IIA, Schneider 72mm XL, T-Max 100, Pyrocat 1:1:100

Just a little city park and watering hole in a tiny town I found a couple weeks ago. Could only make a couple photos whilst dodging a whole lot of folks coming out after church on a Sunday morning to hang out, as is common down here at these little local unknowns. Perhaps worth a second visit if we have a real gully-washer week, in the spring.
    Bryan | Blog | YouTube | Instagram | Portfolio
    All comments and thoughtful critique welcome

Quote Originally Posted by Corran View Post

Just a little city park and watering hole in a tiny town I found a couple weeks ago. Could only make a couple photos whilst dodging a whole lot of folks coming out after church on a Sunday morning to hang out, as is common down here at these little local unknowns. Perhaps worth a second visit if we have a real gully-washer week, in the spring.
    Well done. Haven't heard gully washer in decades.

Thanks Steven. Of course down here it's pronounced "wersher" .
    Bryan | Blog | YouTube | Instagram | Portfolio
    All comments and thoughtful critique welcome

I use to take my boys to a similar local park in town. I see you managed to photograph one of the feral picnic tables that I have heard so much about. Photographing them is rather easy as they just tend to hunker down and stay put if they sense anyone around.

Might be nice in the winter after all those messy leaves drop, too!
    "Landscapes exist in the material world yet soar in the realms of the spirit..." Tsung Ping, 5th Century China

Thanks Steven. Of course down here it's pronounced "wersher" .
    In SE TN (Cleveland to be specific), it is pronounced war/sher or at least it used to be.

Same image as before. Portra160 scanned with Howtek, 4000dpi, aperture 6, Wide Gamut Uncorrected Trany CMS for prescan. No manipulation after that except in PS. Converted with Colorneg. For some reason the scanned file does not play well with manual conversion like they do from the Epson. Need to learn how to create a CMS file from scratch to create one that will properly scan the neg for conversion with Colorneg or manually.

Portra160, 75mmNikkor f/32, Chamonix 45HS-1

Ignore the crispy factor applied by flicker. They refuse to say what is going on. It is certainly not crispy prior to upload.

Steve, this last Grand Canyon in Portra seems best to me. The contrast seems more normal. It could be because it's portra vs. Provia for the previous four. But it seems more natural. Also, the lighting on the far canyon walls seems better than the previous four. What did you mean by "crispy"?

The colors on this last one looks to me more normal “as the eye would see it” as far as color balance and saturation. Definitely dont like the odd color hues in the clouds on the previous images.

The last one still retains some blue highlights which provia seems to add. I always get a blue tint using Provia and other slide films that I need to remove during post. It is present on the actual slide. I have heard usi g a warming filter like 81B would work, but have not tried that.

The latest scene is shot at a different ti.e during the storm nence the different lighting. One thing to remember is that the Canyon can change color, etc in seconds. Especially during a storm. The Canyon so far has been a very hard subject to get right.

Flicker and other sights seem to sharpen images for the web and even monkey with saturation. I have talked to them but they are clueless or not saying. To me after upload when comparing to original, it is obvious the uploaded one has been changed and over sharpened (crispy)