Page 1638 of 1715 FirstFirst ... 63811381538158816281636163716381639164016481688 ... LastLast
Results 16,371 to 16,380 of 17145

Thread: Large Format Landscapes

Re: Large Format Landscapes

1992 Great Sand Dunes No 1 by Nokton48, on Flickr

Our goal was to ascend the Great Dunes. This is the view when we stepped off the parking lot. Notice the figure in the distance; when I got there (to that point) I HAD to rest! 4x5 Sinar Norma 90mm f8 Norma Super Angulon HP5 d76 1:1. 8x10 fibre print Fortezo Dektol 1:2 Omega Dii Omegalite 180mm black Rodagon. I knew this was going to be something special. It was late afternoon sun

1992 Great Sand Dunes No 2 by Nokton48, on Flickr

The sand is blowing up to my knees. If I lowered Norma it would be catastrophic. The light was starting to get really, really good. 4x5 Sinar Norma 90mm f8 Norma Super Angulon HP5 d76 1:1. 8x10 fibre print Fortezo Dektol 1:2 Omega Dii Omegalite 180mm black Rodagon.

1992 Great Sand Dunes No 3 by Nokton48, on Flickr

I am sinking knee-deep into the sand. This is a glorious experience. I stayed in this spot quite a while just enjoying everything about this. 4x5 Sinar Norma 90mm f8 Norma Super Angulon HP5 d76 1:1. 8x10 fibre print Fortezo Dektol 1:2 Omega Dii Omegalite 180mm black Rodagon.
    Flikr Photos Here: https://www.flickr.com/photos/18134483@N04/

“The secret of getting ahead is getting started.”
    ― Mark Twain

1992 Great Sand Dunes No 4 by Nokton48, on Flickr

Those are the beginnings of the Sandre De Christo Mountains in the background. By the time I got back to the parking lot, I was exhausted. No sign of my Assistant Charlie who had the car keys. A nice Guy from Santa Fe (50 miles south) gave me a ride back to our campsite, he had an Uber+ Motor Home. Told me he owned one of the top restaurants in Santa Fe. Had an over the top Linhof 4x5 Technikardon I remember. We laughed when he said to me "You B&W Guys always use wooden tripods". What a fantastic evening. 4x5 Sinar Norma 90mm f8 Norma Super Angulon HP5 d76 1:1. 8x10 fibre print Fortezo Dektol 1:2 Omega Dii Omegalite 180mm black Rodagon.

― Mark Twain

Very much enjoying the series and the travelogue, Daniel--I'd have to say #2 and #3 are my favorites, definitely hope they've made you a little coin over the years.

A great series Daniel.

I have a question - did you plan your shots ahead of time - and therefore your route to avoid putting footprints in an otherwise pristine scenery - or were you just lucky with what you found ?

Thanks

The reason I ask, is I have ruined many a snow shot by standing in the pristine snow and wondered how you managed to avoid the same fate.

Martin

Marvelous shots Daniel !

Quote Originally Posted by Martin Aislabie View Post
    A great series Daniel.

I have a question - did you plan your shots ahead of time - and therefore your route to avoid putting footprints in an otherwise pristine scenery - or were you just lucky with what you found ?

Thanks

The reason I ask, is I have ruined many a snow shot by standing in the pristine snow and wonde format photographers can walk on waterred how you managed to avoid the same fate.

Martin
    Bloody hell! Martin don't you know that if large format photographers can walk on water not leaving footprints on sand or snow is not a problem! ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by CreationBear View Post
    Very much enjoying the series and the travelogue, Daniel--I'd have to say #2 and #3 are my favorites, definitely hope they've made you a little coin over the years.
    Thanks CreationBear! I enjoy viewing these and recently found these original prints. I have a 16x20 Ektalure print of #3 hanging in hallway of my home. It hung in my parent's house for thirty years and has always been a favorite.

― Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by Martin Aislabie View Post
    A great series Daniel.

Thanks

The reason I ask, is I have ruined many a snow shot by standing in the pristine snow and wondered how you managed to avoid the same fate. Martin
    Thanks Martin!

I was lucky. Next dune over was a happy couple who stripped off all their clothes and playfully frolicked in the sand; also taking photos

― Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by FrancisR View Post
    Marvelous shots Daniel !
    Thank You Martin! I do appreciate it

― Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by GoodOldNorm View Post
    Bloody hell! Martin don't you know that if large format photographers can walk on water not leaving footprints on sand or snow is not a problem! ;-)
    Thanks GoodOldNorm!

― Mark Twain