Page 1117 of 1495 FirstFirst ... 11761710171067110711151116111711181119112711671217 ... LastLast
Results 11,161 to 11,170 of 14949

Thread: Large Format Landscapes

Re: Large Format Landscapes

Quote Originally Posted by Harley Goldman View Post
    I think I would prefer this one in B&W. Nice pattern and abstract look.
    Harley,

I figured you might, but I had no black and white with me. Maybe next time.

Convert it in PS?

hacker extraordinaire

It is easy to contact print tansparency film to B&W film as well. Or projection print it for that matter. Either way allows use of color filters as well.
    Science is what we understand well enough to explain to a computer. Art is everything else we do.
    --A=B by Petkovšek et. al.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Becia View Post
    …the box elder tree was with a 300 or possibly a 210. Film was Velvia 50.
    I really like the energy of this one, and it's easier to feel than to describe – the branches seem to carry a powerful centrifugal force radiating away from the center into three of the frame corners (yet there's a quiet center). In fact, I'm curious if you composed this with principal attention to corners. I hope people don't pass by this image without clicking it (the second image on right), for the thumbnail version conceals the energy I'm trying to describe. Simple image, but a jolt of outward-seeking energy.

Joshua Tree California. Jumbo Rocks.
    Ilford HP5, Rodinal 1:50 for about 6 minutes.

Haven't had much time for working on any new film scans. I finally fine tuned a couple from last year. Both images taken in Zion National Park with an Ebony 8x10. Not sure of the lenses used, but I think the scrub oak tree was with a Nikkor 450 (pretty sure of that one) and the box elder tree was with a 300 or possibly a 210. Film was Velvia 50.
    The first picture has a beautiful hue to it. :-)

Quote Originally Posted by Harley Goldman View Post
    Convert it in PS?
    Harley,

I have "played" with it in Photoshop but I really could not come up with a look I liked. I can attribute most of that to my lack of expertise with black and white. Next time I am out there, I will have a few sheets of black and white with me and see if I can make it work.

Quote Originally Posted by Heroique View Post
    I really like the energy of this one, and it's easier to feel than to describe – the branches seem to carry a powerful centrifugal force radiating away from the center into three of the frame corners (yet there's a quiet center). In fact, I'm curious if you composed this with principal attention to corners. I hope people don't pass by this image without clicking it (the second image on right), for the thumbnail version conceals the energy I'm trying to describe. Simple image, but a jolt of outward-seeking energy.
    Thanks for the comment, and actually, yes I was aware of the radiating branches. It is an area I frequent every time out there and I was attracted to the "compositional chaos" of the scene, does that make sense? The detail and texture certainly comes out in a larger print.

Thank you heroique for making me click on the thumbnail , i agree the image has far more strength once isolated from the other ,And viewed against a solid white BG . Cheers Gary

Haven't had much time for working on any new film scans. I finally fine tuned a couple from last year. Both images taken in Zion National Park with an Ebony 8x10. Not sure of the lenses used, but I think the scrub oak tree was with a Nikkor 450 (pretty sure of that one) and the box elder tree was with a 300 or possibly a 210. Film was Velvia 50.
    Great work Love the colour contrast on the the left ,As far as the image on the right is concerned i agree with a former post this image has more impact than is first apparent on the smaller view , I like it with a little off the top But personal preference .