Page 1508 of 1540 FirstFirst ... 5081008140814581498150615071508150915101518 ... LastLast
Results 15,071 to 15,080 of 15394

Thread: Large Format Landscapes

Re: Large Format Landscapes

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Roberts View Post
    Before all the smoke...
    I needed to revisit some grand landscapes made before this season's wildfires. This one is from August 2017...

I'd been trying for several years to make a photograph I liked from Artist Point in Yellowstone. Either empty skies, overcast skies, front lighting, fogged film, you name it seemed to ruin my attempts. Finally, after getting the fogged film back from the lab, I checked the weather forecast and it looked like promising weather in the next week. I opened a new box of 11x14 Provia and loaded up. Eight hour drive, slept in the car overnight, got there early, got my spot, braved the hordes of tour buses, got my shot, and drove home. And came home with this.

1895 Rochester King 11x14, Turner Reich 15", Provia 100F, f32, 1/10, polarizing filter.
    Excellent capture! Where does one get 11x14" Provia from these days and how expired is it?

Quote Originally Posted by unityofsaints View Post
    Excellent capture! Where does one get 11x14" Provia from these days and how expired is it?
    Thanks! The 11x14 Provia I have expired in 2011. I don't know if Fuji will cut special orders or not. The story I heard was this was a special order from Disney. I think Keith Canham can still get color neg film in ULF sizes from Kodak, though. Last time I looked, Portra was about $30/sheet.

Quote Originally Posted by AndrewBurns View Post
    2 x velvia 50 4x5 shots from Tongariro in New Zealand. When an epic location and perfect conditions collide.
    Nice set of images! Makes me regret not getting over to Tongariro. I made it cross-country to the top of Mt Ngauruhoe and spent my time between there and Mount Ruapehu. I had a bum knee from bike-riding and did not want to tramp a great distance with a lot of weight, so just took day hikes. Over the New Year, 1987...Tongariro was a little quieter then.

What sort of focal length(s) were you using -- trying to get an idea of scale.
    "Landscapes exist in the material world yet soar in the realms of the spirit..." Tsung Ping, 5th Century China

Quote Originally Posted by Vaughn View Post
    Nice set of images! Makes me regret not getting over to Tongariro. I made it cross-country to the top of Mt Ngauruhoe and spent my time between there and Mount Ruapehu. I had a bum knee from bike-riding and did not want to tramp a great distance with a lot of weight, so just took day hikes. Over the New Year, 1987...Tongariro was a little quieter then.

What sort of focal length(s) were you using -- trying to get an idea of scale.
    Nice! I've never been up Ngauruhoe, I'll have to go sometime. All but one of those shots was at 135mm, the second one of my first post was 210mm. The tops of the peaks in the frame were a good few hundred metres of elevation above the lake.
    For a gallery of my work and to buy prints, please visit my website:
    www.andrewburnsnz.com

Or for information about the Midtone Machines automatic film developer:
    Midtone Machines

John Olsen

2 x velvia 50 4x5 shots from Tongariro in New Zealand. When an epic location and perfect conditions collide.
    Huge success! These scream out for maximum size prints, maybe on metal. Very good work.

Just finished processing two more, both of these were on Ektar.

Fantastic work! All of them!

Thanks for the feedback everyone! I'll definitely have to print them, too bad the largest I can do that at home is 13" wide but I'll probably have them done bigger externally.
    For a gallery of my work and to buy prints, please visit my website:
    www.andrewburnsnz.com

Or for information about the Midtone Machines automatic film developer:
    Midtone Machines

Shot on FP4 using a Voigtlander Petzval, approx. 1/2 second: cap off, cap on method.

Quote Originally Posted by paulbarden View Post

Shot on FP4 using a Voigtlander Petzval, approx. 1/2 second: cap off, cap on method.
    Wonderful picture, as usual. Congratulations.
    Best,
    Pau

Some pictures in Flickr.

Quote Originally Posted by paulbarden View Post

Great image! Where do we need wet plate for...🙈