Page 1541 of 1549 FirstFirst ... 541104114411491153115391540154115421543 ... LastLast
Results 15,401 to 15,410 of 15485

Thread: Large Format Landscapes

Small town, South Carolina, US

Re: Large Format Landscapes

On the computer screen I can't tell that much. Like the first composition best although if possible would have moved the trees slightly to the right as you did in the second image. Great image!

Quote Originally Posted by Corran View Post
    I also shot this on Efke which retained highlight detail, but I'm not sure that is really a necessary thing for this image. Thoughts? Here's the Efke shot, and a slightly tighter crop:

Not so much for the details in the snow but because of deeper blacks I prefer the Efke version

My other thought is an early-morning re-shoot of this sometime with a slightly longer lens (500mm should do it) and better light from the rising sun, since I'm aimed roughly west. I was thinking of Michael Kenna's work when I shot this, and here I was going for the look of his silhouettes in snow images.

Quote Originally Posted by peter brooks View Post
    Very nice. Went to Camasunary Bay a few years back, it's a really beautiful sight as you go down the path with the mountains towering over...

Saddest thing was to see the large piles of plastic waste on the high tide line. Some bays seem to attract it.

For me, plastic is the elephant in the room - we still produce, purchase and discard plastic items by the mega ton, every day.

Our children's children will wonder what on earth we were thinking of.
    Hi Peter,

Thanks and totally agree it really is a beautiful sight.

Damn shame about the plastic waste. Honestly, wasn't that bad when we were there. Some waste around the bothy but maybe what you say was just the tide bringing in stuff that shouldn't be dumped in the sea?

Graham

Two more from Skye, Scotland. Taken last autumn on a wet, low cloud sort of day which was pretty common! A very familiar location - Fairy Pools - but we got a little bit away from the human motorway in the end (in photo 2 at least). Both oroginally colour images but just didn't work for me that way, so converted to black and white. I shot some black and white film too....just waiting to get it processed.

Chamonix 045N-2, Rodenstock 135mm f5.6@f22, 1/4s, Kodak Ektar 100. Epson V700 scan, colourperfect, lightroom and silver efex pro2 processing
    Fairy Pools, Skye by Graham Meek, on Flickr

Chamonix 045N-2, 135 mm Rodenstock Sironar N f5.6@f22, 1/4s, Portra 400 @ISO 320. Epson V700 scan, lightroom and colourperfect processing and converted with silver efex2
    Sgurr an Fheadain, Skye by Graham Meek, on Flickr

Meeky: Very nice shots. Conversion looks great from color. Nice tones. Contrast. Clear. Pretty scene.

A couple of nice images Meekyman! I gave you a follow on flickr.

Quote Originally Posted by Alan Klein View Post
    Meeky: Very nice shots. Conversion looks great from color. Nice tones. Contrast. Clear. Pretty scene.
    +1!! Especially the second has a wonderful depth in it, I guess through a combination of the slope upward and the diminishing depth of field.

Thanks Alan, Kevin and Otto!

Otto - maybe. I don't tend to analyse my images too much (not that clever!), but I am drawn to certain features/shapes and I like the second photo more. It has a nice bottom left lead-in curve, loads of triangular shapes going on (riverbed, waterfall bit and the mountain) and that's what attracted me to the scene.

Cheers

Graham

Graham,
    I like both of them ... perhaps the second one a little bit more ... we have been there, too!
    A lovely place!
    Folker

MonoArt

Quote Originally Posted by Meekyman View Post
    Thanks Alan, Kevin and Otto!

Otto - maybe. I don't tend to analyse my images too much (not that clever!), but I am drawn to certain features/shapes and I like the second photo more. It has a nice bottom left lead-in curve, loads of triangular shapes going on (riverbed, waterfall bit and the mountain) and that's what attracted me to the scene.

Cheers

Graham
    Yes that’s how I work too, photography is and has to stay intuitive I think, but one can still speculate about why it worked out so well. I never saw such a sharp positive from a color negative btw.