Page 1598 of 1715 FirstFirst ... 598109814981548158815961597159815991600160816481698 ... LastLast
Results 15,971 to 15,980 of 17143

Thread: Large Format Landscapes

Re: Large Format Landscapes

Quote Originally Posted by jemery View Post
    i took this photograph in badlands national park, south dakota in july 2020.

I was hiking in the back country early in the evening and the light cast though passing storms to the south was gorgeous on the rock formations along the path. I was still using my first camera, an intrepid 4x5 mark iii, and i set up to try to capture the good light. After using various lenses—90mm, 150mm, 210mm—i settled on this composition with my 210mm nikkor lens and an orange filter.

This image was developed in ecopro and printed using liquidol on ilford glossy fiber paper 8x10.

wow!
    "I would feel more optimistic about a bright future for man if he spent less time proving that he can outwit Nature and more time tasting her sweetness and respecting her seniority"---EB White

Quote Originally Posted by _tf_ View Post
    I like these a lot, and I think you are right, they work together as a pair, I think it's the contrast between the detail on the right and the lack of it on the left that makes that work.
    Thank you! I'm always worried I don't see what others see in my images, as a sort of cognitive dissonance.
    Massimo Centémeri
    www.centemeri.com

I took this photograph in Badlands National Park, South Dakota in July 2020.

I was hiking in the back country early in the evening and the light cast though passing storms to the south was gorgeous on the rock formations along the path. I was still using my first camera, an Intrepid 4x5 Mark III, and I set up to try to capture the good light. After using various lenses—90mm, 150mm, 210mm—I settled on this composition with my 210mm Nikkor lens and an orange filter.

This image was developed in Ecopro and printed using Liquidol on Ilford glossy fiber paper 8x10.

Love this one, reminds me of Wild West's early photographs 150 years ago.
    Massimo Centémeri
    www.centemeri.com

Quote Originally Posted by afxstudio View Post
    Thanks to all those who appreciated my last post and returned a feedback. I'm sorry I couldn't reply as I was on vacation.
    I brought my 45F2 to Canary Islands and did some shooting. I started working with Rollei RPX 25 some time ago and it's a pretty good film with huge dynamic range and great QC, also invisible grain. But having a film base 100 microns thick makes it hell to develop in a standard jobo reel, so most likely I won't be shooting it anymore.
    These are the first two from my vacation I developed in Rodinal 1+25, I think they work nicely as a diptych.

I prefer the second one myself

Quote Originally Posted by kmallick View Post
    Boulder flatirons, Colorado

Vist 8x10 + G-Claron 305 + Foma 200 + Rodinal, image cropped

Very nice

The day after storm Arwen, still quite windy (20mph or so), so the image I recced earlier in the week was not possible, but I found a tiny spot on the Leathad an Lochain ridge that was in a lee, almost completely still; this pretty much limited my view to this. Weather was very changeable with heavy snow and hail showers and low cloud obscuring the top half of the view, with only brief moments of sunshine in between. The big challenge was to get a gap in the cloud in front of Quinag at the same time as a gap in front of the sun. This happened for only a couple of very brief moments in the course of about two hours spent here, before the weather deteriorated again and I had to retreat. But I am happy with how this image came out, looking forward to printing it.

Intrepid, S-K Symmar 210/5.6, yellow filter, f/22 @ 1/5s on Fomapan 100, developed in PyrocatHD 1+1+100 for 12min. Curve adjustment and a 'graduated filter' in C1.

[The banding most visible on the left is a broken LED light on my V850 scanner, seems trying to get an Epson scanner repaired in the UK is difficult.]

Badnaban by tthef, on Flickr

The day after storm Arwen, still quite windy (20mph or so), so the image I recced earlier in the week was not possible, but I found a tiny spot on the Leathad an Lochain ridge that was in a lee, almost completely still; this pretty much limited my view to this. Weather was very changeable with heavy snow and hail showers and low cloud obscuring the top half of the view, with only brief moments of sunshine in between. The big challenge was to get a gap in the cloud in front of Quinag at the same time as a gap in front of the sun. This happened for only a couple of very brief moments in the course of about two hours spent here, before the weather deteriorated again and I had to retreat. But I am happy with how this image came out, looking forward to printing it.

Intrepid, S-K Symmar 210/5.6, yellow filter, f/22 @ 1/5s on Fomapan 100, developed in PyrocatHD 1+1+100 for 12min. Curve adjustment and a 'graduated filter' in C1.

[The banding most visible on the left is a broken LED light on my V850 scanner, seems trying to get an Epson scanner repaired in the UK is difficult.]

Lovely
    I always think the best light comes in stormy weather, in the sunshine between rain showers.
    Martin

Love this landscape! I hope to visit this neck of the woods someday soon. Looks like an amazing photographic destination.

This is a view from where Lake Helen outflows into West Tensleep Creek, high up in the Bighorn Mountains of Wyoming. Absolutely lovely and overlooked area, and I can't wait to visit again.

Great photo jemery. I love how the rock in the foreground and the grass frame the reflection in the water of the lighter sky and clouds.

Chris

This is a view from where Lake Helen outflows into West Tensleep Creek, high up in the Bighorn Mountains of Wyoming. Absolutely lovely and overlooked area, and I can't wait to visit again.