Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Hi from John in San Diego

Re: Hi from John in San Diego

Hey, I'm in for an all San Diego LF Day! I'm in Bay Park overlooking Mission Bay (it's a tough life, but someone has to live it!).

Welcome JohnGC!

Welcome to the forum. I'm nearby in Oceanside, and know more than a dozen folks in the area that use LF regularly these days, including Gordon who posted above. I haven't met Tori, though.

I'm sure some local "events" can be arranged -- I went out to the Elfin Forest Reserve, and Death Valley with a number of locals in 2008.

Anyway, welcome to the forum!

John Clark
    www.johndclark.com

Thanks, shmoo...If you ever get tired of that mission bay view, and you need someone to take over "watch duty" let me know.

Nice work John! My brother, also into LF, would really get into your stones and pictograph stuff. Thank you, your site reminds me that I need to get out more!

Great to know so many of us around. Looking forward to meeting everyone!
    Last edited by JohnGC; 23-Dec-2008 at 08:32. Reason: typo

Quote Originally Posted by Tori Nelson View Post
    And Hi to you too Brian, I must have missed your introduction. What part of the county are you in?
    I live in Tierrasanta, pretty central to the whole county.

I think it would be great to have a get-together, and maybe plan some day trips for shooting around the county. Last year I went to Borrego during the Spring time blooming, what a great place to shoot!

Brian

Welcome, John!
    "I would feel more optimistic about a bright future for man if he spent less time proving that he can outwit Nature and more time tasting her sweetness and respecting her seniority"---EB White

Welcome aboard, John. I live in El Cajon. I don't get out too much, am still learning how to use this Toyo View which we have. I have a number of old cameras, a Mamiya C3 TLR, Topcon RE-Super, some old Kodak Brownie boxes and a Nikon D80 Digital which probably feels neglected because I favor the film cameras. A day trip sounds like a load of fun.

Hello everyone,
    I am not a photographer, BUT large film photography is the best there is - no doubt! nothing no digital camera or anything else will be as brilliant and vibrant in color!
    I am a painter and why I logged in to this forum is simply because I am in need of a large film photographer, down here in the San Diego area. I usually have all my "worthy" paintings photographed onto 8x10 film, since I moved here I have not found anyone who can handle that task - the company that I usually use is without any doubt one of the best in the business (Art Works) BUT up in Pasadena and to drive up there for one picture is almost not worth the effort
    My painting is 4x6 feet and I was wondering if anyone can help my finding someone down here who does large film photography on a professional level, I do need it to be 8x10 inches with the highest possible quality.
    Please let me know if anyone can help.
    Thanks,
    Jens

Thanks guys, it looks like we'll be getting a trip together soon!

Hi rx7, I work with my brother for photographing art. We have the capability, and can get you very clean, high quality 8x10 transparencies of your work. Please send me a pm with the specs..type of painting, framed, stretched, etc. and your contact info. We'll be happy to help you out!

count me in.... i'm in Oceanside

robert
    Robert Oliver

Depending upon where in San Diego County (it's really a big area), I might be up to meet many of the others. Balboa Park is fairly central, and provides many opportunities. There are parts that are obviously touristy and over-photographed, but there are also some nice challenges photographically.

Ciao!

Gordon Moat Photography