Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Photographer 411: seeking name of artist who shoots v long exp night waterscapes

Photographer 411: seeking name of artist who shoots v long exp night waterscapes

Hi folks,

I'm new to the forum, so please forgive me if this is not the appropriate place for a question of this type...

A few months ago, I came across a website that had images made by a photographer who had made something of a specialty shooting extremely long exposure nighttime waterscapes - the kind of pictures where the water and the sky blur to form a kind of ethereal dreamscape. They were quite lovely, slightly surreal photographs, often incorporating manmade features such as abandoned pilings.

Problem is, I can't remember the photographer's name, nor where I saw the pictures. I've tried extensive google searches to no avail. I'm pretty sure this chap did these pictures using a large format camera, though, so I thought I'd check with you folks to see if anyone knows who I'm talking about. I believe he's a fairly well-known photographer: I remember reading that his work had been extensively shown at galleries around the country. If memory serves, most of the photographs I saw were taken around Puget Sound, so I assume the photographer is probably from the pacific northwest.

Does this description ring a bell with anyone? I'd very much like to figure out who he is and see if original prints are available (and within my budget!).

Cheers,

~Jeremy

Re: Photographer 411: seeking name of artist who shoots v long exp night waterscapes

EDIT: The photographer I'm thinking of is not Michael Levin, by the way.

Re: Photographer 411: seeking name of artist who shoots v long exp night waterscapes

David Fokos or Michael Kenna?
    Leigh Perry
    www.leighperry.com

David Burdney

David Burdeny, rather

Yes! David Burdeny is the one.

Thanks so much folks! You are awesome.

Edit: Heh - according to his website, David Burdeny's studio is six blocks from my office. I'm not sure why I didn't realize he was in Vancouver, I could have sworn he was American. Memory plays funny tricks I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by mortuus View Post
    David Burdeny, rather
    oops- typo.

His book "Shorelines" is excellent.

Awesome!
    Is he using LF ?

http://www.artmo.com/Artists/david+burdeny/

google is your friend. all of 30 seconds and a click on the info tab

Interesting stuff. I had never heard of him before.