Page 908 of 1721 FirstFirst ... 40880885889890690790890991091895810081408 ... LastLast
Results 9,071 to 9,080 of 17207

Thread: safe haven for tiny formats

Re: safe haven for tiny formats

That board looks a lot like the Mackie.. I use an old 16 channel one for live sound many Sundays. I used to have the Nikon 50/1.2 AIS back in the 90's but decided I like autofocus for the smaller format and sold it for more than I bought it for. Send your sigma 300 in for repair; I had a sigma lens once that didn't cooperate right electronically when I upgraded camera bodies and they fixed it gratis even out of warranty.

Quote Originally Posted by Ramiro Elena View Post
    ... I've been considering the 35mm
    You mean the Sigma 35/1.4 Art? I use to own one and have posted some shots here with it.

jp, you're right, I should send it in. It's a nice lens, when it's in focus!

Okay I have to tell my Mackie story. I used to work for Guitar Center (or rather, one of their subsidiaries, that happened to be next door). I would go in all the time during lunch break and goof off with the sales reps. Anyway, one guy was fond of saying to folks looking for a mixer, with a great poker face, that Mackie boards "came with a free radio channel" - in reference to many of those mixers coming in with terrible radio frequency contamination and seriously having radio signals coming in through one (or more) of the channels.

I don't like Mackies...
    Bryan | Blog | YouTube | Instagram | Portfolio
    All comments and thoughtful critique welcome

Quote Originally Posted by tuco View Post
    You mean the Sigma 35/1.4 Art? I use to own one and have posted some shots here with it.
    Yes Tuco, I think they only have the Art version. I am not so sure due to hype. Lots of wedding photographers and amateurs are drooling all over it. My Nikkor 35 f2 is pretty lame to AF and the quality is nothing to write home about. It is quite expensive anyway.

Lurker

Quote Originally Posted by jcoldslabs View Post
    I wonder if in thirty or forty years people will still have shelves of books or if all their reading material will be on their phones, tablets, in the "cloud", etc. I can't imagine not having books around, but then again there was a time when I couldn't imagine not having vinyl records around, either.

Mamiya 7, 80mm, Portra 160.

Jonathan
    When I visit friends, I enjoy browsing their library. I zoomed in and read your titles, quite a diverse selection. Also, a very nice vignette.

I now "read" audibles but still buy monographs and photography.

David

Quote Originally Posted by Ramiro Elena View Post
    Yes Tuco, I think they only have the Art version. I am not so sure due to hype. Lots of wedding photographers and amateurs are drooling all over it. My Nikkor 35 f2 is pretty lame to AF and the quality is nothing to write home about. It is quite expensive anyway.
    I liked the lens in general. But it was a little too heavy for my Df so I traded it in for the new 35/1.8G. The 35mm focal length is one of my most used lenses. Here is a test shot checking how the Sigma 35/1.4A renders out of focus lights. You can see some onion rings in them if that matters at all.

That's nice Tuco, very sharp.

Here's my kid with the Fuji X100.
    La madriguera de Superman by rabato, on Flickr

A buddy of mine builds his own speakers. He invited me to drop by a speaker contest. It was my first time at one and I caught the tail end of it. In the basement of a church they setup several listening rooms. For the contest, the judges could not see the speakers. But most everyone pretty much sat staring at an old-school tube amps while listening to the speakers in a zen-like way.

Df, 28/1.8G and 35/1.8G

Upstairs was this room. People sit around and listen to a speaker here too.

2 Bit Hack

Very cool! Though the room looks like it is not the best candidate for the venue. As a young sprout I worked for Bull Roar Speaker company as and assembler of their own speakers. Things have changed since then.
    Regards

Marty