Page 5 of 1722 FirstFirst ... 3456715551055051005 ... LastLast

Thread: safe haven for tiny formats

Re: safe haven for tiny formats

Cyclamen.
    35mm APX100, Lith Print Forte PWT

These images Rock!!

So I was doing the annual White House Christmas tour and there was this guy playing the piano while a woman sang. Wow. The way the guys hands moved was just insane. So, I had to make a photograph of it. The only issue was that I couldn't use my flash and the light is crap in this corner - so very little is actually in focus. Anyways, figured ya'll int he tiny format area might enjoy this a little bit.

Jenks, Oklahoma and Domazan, Gard, France

Wow, some beautiful work. Easy to see why Nat Geo mag uses Canon's too as a couple entries prove.

For SCrighton, a Yashica 124G is nothing to apologize for. It wasn't called the Black Beauty for nothing. You have some great shots there. I have two that I'm working on now.

I wanted to submit these "lost" photos I found on a deteriorated roll of 120 film in a beatup Frankawerke (FW) folder on E-Bungle. The camera came from the Ft Worth, Tx area.

There is some family history here that is unknown to the young boy featured scaring his grandparents for Halloween ca 1958. His dad obviously worked for Shell Oil Company as there are shots of a Shell Production Facility, probably out in the panhandle of Texas. There is a 1958 Chevy Impala parked in front which helped me date the photos.

The young boy could now be a Shell big-wig or perhaps a casualty of the Vietnam War. Who knows now?

First photo shows the camera. It was water soaked, perhaps found under the seat of the salvaged 1955 Ford depicted in the photos. It did clean up nice though.

Second is the ghost and his trusty companion scaring his grandparents. His dad's 1955 Ford is in the background.

Third are the "frightened" grandparents. There appears to be a ghost standing behind the screen between them too.

Fourth was obviously taken the by young man himself while playing with dad's camera in the car. Real arty shot of the steering wheel, shift knob and instrument panel of the 1955 Ford. I recognize it as I had a 1956 model way back when.

Although not my work, I wanted to recognize some father's long lost photos.

Tom Thomas

Wonderful find Tom.
    Ron McElroy
    Memphis

Confidently Agnostic!

Here's some strange stuff, shot on a digital SLR through an antique meniscus lens.

Nice work Walt.
    Now if someone would just create a digital insert for Rollei and Yashica TLR's so we can take advantage of their lenses.
    Tom

Confidently Agnostic!

Quote Originally Posted by tom thomas View Post
    Nice work Walt.
    Now if someone would just create a digital insert for Rollei and Yashica TLR's so we can take advantage of their lenses.
    Tom

Gaffer's tape and an extension tube Not quite the same thing.

I'm actually thinking of wedging one of those minature $10 digital cameras in the film gate of a 2 1/4 Yashica, some gaffer/duct tape involved to see it's possible. Set the Yashica speed to B, lock the shutter open and click away at something. Maybe in the new year.

Confidently Agnostic!

The only problem I see with that is that the sensor is so tiny. That means your lens is going to act like a pretty long telephoto... and also that focus (sensor placement) is going to be incredibly critical! Guess it can't hurt to try but I'm pretty skeptical of it working out very well.