Page 1540 of 1722 FirstFirst ... 540104014401490153015381539154015411542155015901640 ... LastLast
Results 15,391 to 15,400 of 17215

Thread: safe haven for tiny formats

Re: safe haven for tiny formats

I cannot wait, to see all!

Never been and never will make it to '0"

just looked up this horrible story, from https://www.keywesttravelguide.com/e...mile-marker-0/
    "...Interesting note: the mile marker zero sign, the green and white sign in the picture, has been trademarked by an aggressive local t-shirt shop owner after an extensive and eye-brow raising million-dollar court battle. Yet another chapter in the sordid history of distasteful t-shirt shops blemishing Duval Street."
    Tin Can

Corran, that's a beautiful image.
    Great composition and tonality.
    Bravo!

Thanks Randy and Dugan!

I'll have to take a look at what that lawsuit was about, out of curiosity. We went in that store briefly; didn't buy anything. Our Key West souvenir was a print from a local artist - a stylized rooster painting, along with a few natural objects we found around the beaches (we like to find interesting stuff and make little shadow boxes from our trips).

A couple outside of Key West, on various keys and boardwalks off Overseas Hwy:

Baby Mangroves
    Nikon F2 and 24mm f/2.8

(Should've went and got the larger camera on this one but this was very difficult to get to and I was sinking into the muck while shooting this)

3 Ibises | Sunset I

Bryan | Blog | YouTube | Instagram | Portfolio
    All comments and thoughtful critique welcome

Two Widelux images. First, from the undergrowth near Caspersen Beach in Venice, FL, just down the road from the Clyde Butcher gallery:

We hung out here as we waited for Clyde. He had a gift for me - several boxes of TMX film, of the ULF variety!
    Anyway, the next day we headed to the Keys. On the way, we traveled through the scenic Loop Road in the Big Cypress Preserve (just south of his gallery there). It was a rainy day and we were getting chased by mosquitoes and flies every time we stepped out of the car, but I managed to shoot this:

You can see the water level is way down. Both on FP4+ dev'd in Pyrocat.

Good for you, I thank Clyde!

So now I know where all the mosquitoes went

We used to have many here and it has been very wet as usual, but I have only seen one tiny mosquito this year. a month ago

There is a worry that bugs are down, which hurts birds and plants

Our water level is up

Quote Originally Posted by Corran View Post
    Two Widelux images. First, from the undergrowth near Caspersen Beach in Venice, FL, just down the road from the Clyde Butcher gallery:

We hung out here as we waited for Clyde. He had a gift for me - several boxes of TMX film, of the ULF variety!
    Anyway, the next day we headed to the Keys. On the way, we traveled through the scenic Loop Road in the Big Cypress Preserve (just south of his gallery there). It was a rainy day and we were getting chased by mosquitoes and flies every time we stepped out of the car, but I managed to shoot this:

You can see the water level is way down. Both on FP4+ dev'd in Pyrocat.
    Tin Can

Headlamp light painted

Dragon Rock by tuco, on Flickr

M9, Zeiss Biogon 35mm

Regarding the water - I was told by a local that it had been very dry. Last time I was here, it was exceedingly wet and very high water, but I was told that that, too, was unusual!

I've long since left the mosquitoes behind in south GA - we get very few up here in the mountains. So I'd forgotten about the hazards and we only had some light plant-based spray. I don't like DEET - because of its toxicity but also because it melts plastic. Not a great combination with film holders, as I've discovered!

Very different part of Florida - this is American Beach, near Jacksonville, on our way home. Taken with Bessa L and Voigtlander 15mm, on FP4+:

Junker by tuco, on Flickr

Noblex 135U, FP4+

DEET melts plastics? Wow, that's good to know! Thanks.
    Philip Ulanowsky

Sine scientia ars nihil est. (Without science/knowledge, art is nothing.)
    www.imagesinsilver.art
    https://www.flickr.com/photos/156933346@N07/

From Wikipedia:
    "DEET is an effective solvent,[7] and may dissolve some watch crystals,[4] plastics, rayon, spandex, other synthetic fabrics, and painted or varnished surfaces including nail polish. It also may act as a plasticizer by remaining inside some formerly hard plastics, leaving them softened and more flexible. DEET is incompatible with rayon, acetate, or dynel clothing."

I once had some DEET get on a Fidelity 4x5 film holder, and part of the darkslide pull melted and bonded to the body of the film holder. I had to carefully cut the bonded area so I could get the darkslide out - carefully! Since I had exposed film in it .

Nice one tuco. I discovered my Widelux at 1/15th is banding really badly suddenly . Seems as though none of these cameras can stay working nicely for long. Previous owner just had it CLA'd before I got it. At least 1/125 still works. I'll have to try massaging the shutter for a while at 1/15th and see if I can get it working better.