Page 1382 of 1721 FirstFirst ... 38288212821332137213801381138213831384139214321482 ... LastLast
Results 13,811 to 13,820 of 17205

Thread: safe haven for tiny formats

Re: safe haven for tiny formats

Quote Originally Posted by CreationBear View Post
    DSLR
    Ha! Too heavy anyway. And if trying to keep things small/light in the digital realm, the mirrorless+RF lens route invariable has light angle issues. I'm just not interested in digital really.

Anyway - right now for hiking with 120, I tend to bring one custom Century with my 38mm XL on it, modified for more movement than normal but the lens can't come off easily, and another Century for "normal" lenses. And two backs, one for b&w and one color. I am still looking for a good, multicoated 47mm SA (non-XL), and will condense to just the one Century with 47mm and probably my 105mm Nikkor-M. My Centuries are modded for tilt going in the correct direction without dropping the bed, which is really helpful, but that also only works for horizontal compositions (or only swing for vertical). I would like to try some other 6x9 cameras that can take a Horseman 6x9 back but just haven't had the opportunity.

Thanks! And I could always make digital negatives for larger alt printing...
    Bryan | Blog | YouTube | Instagram | Portfolio
    All comments and thoughtful critique welcome

Quote Originally Posted by Randy Moe View Post
    Bryan, I encourage you to hike the AT,
    I certainly would like to and I totally agree, "some day" might not ever come, so I am working on doing things now, while I am able. I have lots of ideas...

Meagan and I have to get more financially stable and then I need to train hard to bring my weight down about 30-40 pounds. I can walk w/o pack or with a light pack 10-15 miles in a day. If I lose that weight I can carry that much and feel unencumbered. My spring/summer goal is to do more solo camping and get my survivalist skills honed. I bought a wood-burning stove last year that also charges devices but haven't really used it yet.

I never saw much film from Greg's journey. I will look at that article.

I know that stove, never tried it

I was 50 lbs heavier after a medication test failure, now almost down to fighting weight

Took years...

good luck!
    Tin Can

Quote Originally Posted by Corran View Post
    I would like to try some other 6x9 cameras...
    Well, start bringing home Ebonies and Technikardan's and your wife might make those newfound survivalist skills come in real handy...

At any rate, I'll definitely be interested in how the AT plans unfold--I usually drift up out of the holler to Spence a couple of times every Spring to catch the news (though myself have never been tempted to stray too far from my personal Yoknapatawpha County.)

Small town, South Carolina, US

Corran, Do you have your Centurys modified to mount the Horseman backs? If not - it is not that difficult to adapt them.

Quote Originally Posted by rfesk View Post
    Corran, Do you have your Centurys modified to mount the Horseman backs? If not - it is not that difficult to adapt them.
    You know, one of my Centuries, the Horseman works perfectly on. Another, it takes some finagling. I've heard about this "mod" but I've had trouble finding more info, because "Century" and "Graphic" are such common words that Google searches are filled with junk. Can you enlighten me about the mod? I actually took a rasp to the backside of my Horseman where the Graflok slides were hitting the edge from the one Century. This fixed the issue somewhat and is not something that would change the placement of the film. The Century in question has already been cut down and heavily modded to fit wider lenses so is already very far from "stock:"

Small town, South Carolina, US

As for adapting the Horseman film backs to fit on the miniature Crown. Century should be the same.

Facing the back of the camera, the baffle (or lip) on left side kept the Horseman back from fully seating itself on the back of my miniature Crown. I carefully, filed that side down until the back would fully seat. Actually, I gave it a small clearance to be safe.

The second problem is that the slides would not lock the Horseman back in place. I removed the slides and carefully cut a notch in the tabs that were causing the problem.

This has been done on my miniature Crown and two Mamiya Press bodies with Graflok backs.

Thanks! It appears my cameras are mostly modified or okay as-is. My Horseman back fully seats in without hitting the left "lip." The slides are the only issue, and with the one problem slide I actually took some pliers and bent it up slightly to give it a bit more clearance.

I imagine, after many decades of use, that many Centuries/Crowns/Speeds have been modded to fit the more modern holders that have come up. I love the Horseman holder and would like to get another one. For shooting color, I have a 6x7 Singer 220 back I use, as I have about 30 rolls of Velvia 220 in the freezer.

New phone/camera
    Galaxy S10 Snapseed
    Oilfield squid

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

loujon

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Schroeder View Post
    New phone/camera
    Galaxy S10 Snapseed
    Oilfield squid

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
    What an eye brother Scott!

I do wish you shared an occasional large format image as you use to do and equally impressive.It seems you've given shooting bigger film cameras (?) but either way I dig your work.