Page 1547 of 1722 FirstFirst ... 547104714471497153715451546154715481549155715971647 ... LastLast
Results 15,461 to 15,470 of 17217

Thread: safe haven for tiny formats

Re: safe haven for tiny formats

I recently stumbled across a converter that allows me to use my Hasselblad lenses on my Nikon cameras. My first impulse was, "But WHY???!!!???" Then again, it was so cheap, I decided to give it a try. That was six months ago. Last night I got bored, saw it laying in the Nikon case and decided to hook it up to the D750 and see what it could do. These are all with the D750, using a Sonnar 250mm f5.6.

That long winding road is my driveway. The telephone pole with the cross beams in the distance is at the corner where it dumps out onto the county road. Now you know why I stay home when it snows.

The dog is named Randy. What makes this shot so rare isn't the composition (which quite frankly, sucks). But rather that he held still long enough for me to get the shot with that monster rig. A couple of weeks ago when I went out to feed the dogs, He ran around the house at about 25 miles an hour. Couldn't call him in...he's deaf as a stone. On his way by, I tried to motion him in. He kept going. After EIGHT laps around the house, he finally came up to get his dinner. And when I say 25mph, it's no exaggeration. We clocked him, all the way up the driveway aforementioned, and he kept up with us all the way to the end, and during the smooth part, we hit 30mph...which is WAY to fast for that driveway.

The last is the same tomato vine I used to test the Bronica (which I still haven't given back, by the way...I better either pay him for it or take it back. Probably the latter.). Only the tomatoes are riper.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Driveway.jpg   Randy.jpg   tomato_vine.jpg  
    Michael W. Graves
    Michael's Pub

If it ain't broke....don't fix it!

That's quite a driveway!
    “You often feel tired, not because you've done too much, but because you've done too little of what sparks a light in you.”
    ― Alexander Den Heijer, Nothing You Don't Already Know

“You often feel tired, not because you've done too much, but because you've done too little of what sparks a light in you.”

Nice one Peter! What is the story on that fleet of pontoon planes? I don't think I have ever seen so many together at one time.

Thanks, Jon. It's because of the EAA Airventure in Oshkosh.

Chicago—Yesterday
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails DSC00313-1.jpg  

Richard Wasserman

https://www.rwasserman.com/

Scott Davis

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	NoSeDejaCarruajes.jpg 
Views:	38 
Size:	89.3 KB 
ID:	218280

What is perhaps the world's oldest extant No Parking sign, in Segovia, Spain. It says, in effect, "Carriages left in this plaza will be subject to a fine of 5 pesetas". I believe the sign is 18th century, which would make 5 pesetas a LOT of money.

Hasselblad 500c/m, 120 Makro-Planar (iirc- it's been 17 years since I shot the photo, so you'll forgive me if I don't remember which lens I used). Bergger 200 film souped in PMK Pyro.

Scott Davis

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IglesiaSanMartinNightSegovia.jpg 
Views:	35 
Size:	53.7 KB 
ID:	218281

Self-portrait at the Iglesia de San Martin, from the intersection of Calle Juan Bravo and Calle Jose Canalejas. An architectural hodge-podge, with Romanesque design predominating and Mudejar elements visible, the church is unusual with three naves and the largest Romanesque arched door in Spain. It also is surrounded on three sides with an arcaded portico.

The church was built in 1117, but is far from the oldest thing in Segovia. That would probably be the aqueduct, which was built by the Romans in the 1st century AD, and was in use into the late 1970s when the town had grown sufficiently that the aqueduct could not supply enough water any more. The aqueduct is a true engineering marvel - the only mortar in the entire structure is in the water channel at the top. Cars could drive under it into the 1990s, when they closed the plaza and several streets feeding off it to traffic. Between the vibrations from the vehicles and the diesel exhaust, they were causing escalating damage to the aqueduct.

Last night was finally clear and I worked on shooting the Andromeda Galaxy again from about 2am till dawn. I combined all the images from last night with additional ones from September last year and was able to make this image, which I'm quite happy with:

There's plenty of better M31 images but I'm getting better, I think. The multi-night stacking seems to really help. I will continue to "add data" to this stack as the year progresses.

On another note I did some preliminary tests shooting this on Fuji Instax. I should be able to get a good result but I need about 4 hours of imaging time. Hopefully that will happen soon.
    Bryan | Blog | YouTube | Instagram | Portfolio
    All comments and thoughtful critique welcome