Page 26 of 135 FirstFirst ... 1624252627283676126 ... LastLast

Thread: post "in Galli style"

Large Format Rocks ImSoNegative's Avatar

Re: post "in Galli style"

here is a couple chrome shots with the petval
    "WOW! Now thats a big camera. By the way, how many megapixels is that thing?"

Hey, didn't know you were a member. Were your ears burning, we were discussing these wild pics in another thread. I'm wondering, have you checked the back elements? They may be assembled wrong, and you may like the lens even better if it is changed. You'll find the two rear lenses need to be "nested" with the most concave/convex surfaces on the inside. There should be a spacer between the two also.

I have been fascinated with the images that Jim produces and in seeing what the lenses produce. From this has been a desire to learn how to use some of these for myself and to learn about pictorial imaging. The first lens I had that fitted with this post was a petzval purchased from Jim a while back. I have found it a bit of a challenge to use but have had a lot of fun with it.

the next lens I was after was a Verito. Finally after a few months of waiting and saving I purchased a 14.5 inch version in a studio shutter and have just started using it. I love what it does to an image at f5.6 to f8, although f4 I havent quite worked out yet. Focussing has been a challenge but I am getting there. A few more years of practice and I might be able to produce something I am happy with.

Thanks Jim for enlightening me about these lenses, and for introducing me to soft focus.

The attached image is on the Verito at f8 on Efke 25 in Rodinal. Nothing special but my best to date with the Verito. As I said, lots to learn yet.

looks great craig.

i too an "verito" challenged...but they are fun.
    My YouTube Channel has many interesting videos on Soft Focus Lenses and Wood Cameras. Check it out.

My YouTube videos
    oldstyleportraits.com
    photo.net gallery

LJ Segil

Perhaps sometimes Jim needs a little color in his life? Astia, Canham 8x10, 10" Vesta at f/8, studio shutter so who knows for how long. Never get into the f/64 group with this thing.
    Larry

you are on to something larry! love it.
    My YouTube Channel has many interesting videos on Soft Focus Lenses and Wood Cameras. Check it out.

My YouTube videos
    oldstyleportraits.com
    photo.net gallery

LJ Segil

thanks, Eddie. I'm still dizzy.
    Larry

wow craig that one has a scale model feel, very nice. I to thank Mr. Galli for introducing use to what these lenses can do and I also feel he should be receiving a cut in all the extreme, (no that's not the word) well I don't think there is a word, price increases of these lenses in the last couple of years. Talk about bringing a market back.

Quote Originally Posted by ljsegil View Post
    Perhaps sometimes Jim needs a little color in his life? Astia, Canham 8x10, 10" Vesta at f/8, studio shutter so who knows for how long. Never get into the f/64 group with this thing.
    Larry
    Beautiful Larry. Glad someone is doing color with these. I fear I'll never tread in color film again.

beautiful images! hey guys any techniques you can share using your barrel lenses? i will probably share some photos here soon. my first attemp was not succesful. hopefully next time.