Thread: Large enlargers

Large enlargers

I teach High school photo, I have played with 4x5. I recently got a an Omega d-2 4x5 coldlight enlarger that needs some restoration. Is there some place to get information or parts? Mainly I need a bellows and some neg carriers, both of wh ich I could fabricate but would rather not. . Tips on aligning it, eg. an own er's manual, would be nice too.

I know this is mainly a camera discussion site, so info on a better place to loo k is also welcome. I really look forward to working with this enlarger and a ca mera, but one step at a time!

THANKS

Larry Parker parker_la@hccai.hcca.ohio.gov

Large enlargers

Larry, pick up a copy of View camera magazine, there are several camera repair people a nd bellows makers advertising in there, most notably Steve Grimes for repairs an d Western bellows for, well, bellows. Most good sized used dealers will carry ne g carriers and lens boards for the D series of enlargers. You will probably want to replace the foam seals as well. the zig align tool works well for realigning .

Hoping this helps,

Ellis Vener

Large enlargers

Larry,

You also may want to get ahold of Harry Taylor of Classic Enlargers. His web address is: http://members.aol.com/cenlarger/homepage.html or by e-mail: htaylor730@aol.com.

Harry rebuilds Omega enlargers, particularly the old classics like the D-2, D-3, and D-4. He stocks most of the parts you mentioned, including the bellows for a D-2.

Good luck getting your D-2 working again.

Tom Gould

Large enlargers

My partner and I recently ordered some D-2 lens boards and carriers from Columbu s (Ohio) Camera. They have a web site under that name. We were very impressed -- hard black anodizing and very nicely finished for about $30 each. We are still looking for bellows too. Will keep you advised.