Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011 LastLast

Thread: Howtek 4500-Questions-Software, Comparisons, Etc.

Re: Howtek 4500-Questions-Software, Comparisons, Etc.

I think that the select is just a little bit better. Contact kodak for the newest version of the oxygen scan software. They may offer to burn you a CD for free or you should be able to pay $170 for a CD in the box. The dongle is built into the scanner and kodak is good about not charging arm or a leg for updates.

The right number to call should be 1-800-472-2727

Ed

Ed,

Thanks for the advice. I wasn't sure where the Select I and II?) falls in regards to being the best.

I will call Kodak (once again, as I had no response for help with parts for my Jazz & Jazz+). I will probably compile a list of items to purchase while the scanner is still being supported for the time being.

You can definitely run the EverSmart Pro II with oXYgen, which is a big plus over the Pro since it will allow high bit saves. I have a version of this software that will work with a SCSI system running MA OS 9.2.2 but for the MAC G5 with OSX you will have to contact Kodak. It may be less expensive for you to set up a dedicated MAC G4 running 9.2.2 than to buy the new software.

Sandy King

Quote Originally Posted by Evanjoe610 View Post
    Well my final choice for my new scanner has been made. The Howtek 4500 that I was looking at was sold before I even had a chance to look at it. It was just a matter of one day. The owner was offered $3000 minus the dongle key.

The Leafscan45 seller never replied back to my request for jpegs of his entire system, so I guess the For Sale was not meant to be.

I have a Scitex Eversmart Pro II coming my way from a printing company. They are no longer using it as they bought an ICG drum scanner. For a nominal fee it was mine AS-IS. I guess that Pro II is running Oxygen software. What version software should it be on in order fo rmew to run it on a PPC G5?

Thanks to all for your valuable experience and knowledge. I will fix the Jazz and Jazz+ scanner and will eventually sell them once I have the Eversmart pro II in my hands.

Any advice from users of the Pro or Pro II? what are the differences between these two models and where does the Select II falls in place if compared with the Pro II?

Evan

Hi Sandy,

I am going to wait till I have the scaner in my hands to see what elsethe seller is giving me. At this point, I beleive that its just the scanner as is. I do appreciate the offer and will check back with you.

Exactly what is the difference between the Eversmart Pro and the Pro II? Were the internal boards replaced with newer boards going from the Pro to the PRo II upgrade?

That is correct, the internal boards were replaced with a higher speed cpu processor on the EverSmart Pro II. The Pro can be upgraded to Pro II status by replacing the board, but the hardware upgrade from Kodak is very expensive. Basically, the Pro II is faster, allows high bit saves, but performance is otherwise the same.

Sandy King

Hi Sandy,

I am going to wait till I have the scaner in my hands to see what elsethe seller is giving me. At this point, I beleive that its just the scanner as is. I do appreciate the offer and will check back with you.

Exactly what is the difference between the Eversmart Pro and the Pro II? Were the internal boards replaced with newer boards going from the Pro to the PRo II upgrade?

Sandy,

Thanks for the information regarding the difference between the Pro and the Pro II.
    Are you running OXYGen on your Pro or Pro II? I have a Ge Beige Tower that i was using to run the Jazz & Jazz+. Once I get the Pro II and get it up and running, I will either fix the Jazz(s) OR just outright sell them off.

I'm also in the process of buying a sturdy industrial bench station desk for my scanner(S) and desktop monitors.

I will re-post any additional questions once I get the scanner.

I use EverSmart Scan Application with the Pro. You can not run oXYgen with the Pro, unless it has been upgraded. I have a dedicated MAC G4 for the scanner, running OS 9.2.2, with SCSI.

Sandy

Sandy,

Thanks for the information regarding the difference between the Pro and the Pro II.
    Are you running OXYGen on your Pro or Pro II? I have a Ge Beige Tower that i was using to run the Jazz & Jazz+. Once I get the Pro II and get it up and running, I will either fix the Jazz(s) OR just outright sell them off.

I'm also in the process of buying a sturdy industrial bench station desk for my scanner(S) and desktop monitors.

I will re-post any additional questions once I get the scanner.

Hi all, for howtek drum scanner owners in Australia is there a group so we can keep in contact with each other. I’m currently looking at investing in 4500. I’m located in Nth Narrabeen NSW . Please reach out .Thanks regards Dean Wilmot

Hi, I’ve recently taken delivery of a Howtek 4500 running silverfast AI 6.6 on windows XP, first test scans from 6x17cm film was very good, however today I started scanning 6x24cm film and when I try to scan in 48 bit HDR Color I get an error saying “the output width of one of the frames is too big, the host application can not handle it”. I had the same error earlier when I tried to scan two 6x24 films as a batch test. I tried changing the orientation of the film to scan the film in a vertical orientation but it doesn’t fit on the 4500 drum. It’s seems strange to me to get this error as the 4500 should easily be able to scan 8x10 format and of course 6x24cm is just a cut down version. Any suggestions to amend this error? Thanks

Ps, dpi I’m scanning at is 4000dpi