Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 5x7 filmholder bag/case

5x7 filmholder bag/case

Anyone have any recommendations about a bag or case for carrying 6-10 5x7 filmholders? There are a lot of custom options for 4x5 but I haven't seen anything for 5x7.

Re: 5x7 filmholder bag/case

I've had good luck with insulated bags as found in sporting goods stores, made for carrying lunches. They usually hold at least 5.

Quality Camera sells them. I have no idea about the differences in quality, but would bet they're way more expensive than the lunch bags.

WalMart. "AirLok" bags in sporting goods section. Designed for carrying cold items with removable plastic container and snap fit top. Different sizes and colors. Look like $75 bags but cost $10-$14. I also use anti static bags to wrap each holder. I use the "AirLok" bags for 45, 57 and 810 holders.

I also use an old camera bag that I had lying around; the price was right.

Eric Woodbury

An ammo box will hold 9 5x7 holders. They are heavy, but waterproof, air tight, and bullet proof. And pretty cheap. I add a layer of mat board on the inside for padding and a clean look.
    my picture blog
    ejwoodbury.blogspot.com

Check out reel cases. I just looked up the ones from Cabelas but they are no longer listed on their website. Perhaps I bought the last two on sale?

They are padded with dividers, kind of like a small briefcase, and would be good for film holders.

Similar, but more expensive models, are available from Fishpond and Orvis.

You also might look at Eagle Creek in the packing accessories. They have a line of Pack-It sacs that hold 3-4 film holders, zippered, and it has a hanger clip on the corner. I use 2 medium ones to carry 2 Grafmatics and 4 Fidelity Elites.

Look at soft-sided insulated coolers. Years ago I found some coolers with a rectangular hard plastic bucket insert....remove the insert and it was a PERFECT fit for a nice fat stack of 5x7 holders. (maybe 10 holders?)
    Tracy Storer
    Mammoth Camera Company tm
    www.mammothcamera.com

Ross

I'm reluctant to admit it in this forum, but plastic lunch/food storeage boxes from the village supermarket. Admittedly I need 2, each housing 3 holders.

Probably not very impressive to any pros using 5x7 (are there any?), but dust tight, sturdy and lightweight.

And as I dig this hole deeper: similar for 4x5 holders.

It's ironic that my photographic equipment supplier tipped me off to the (obvious now) idea of flexible do it yourself approaches to many pieces of gear that he could have made a buck from.

Regards - Ross