Page 106 of 106 FirstFirst ... 65696104105106
Results 1,051 to 1,059 of 1059

Thread: Post your churches

  1. #1051
    Corran's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    North GA Mountains
    Posts
    8,714

    Re: Post your churches

    St. Mary Basilica
    Natchez, Mississippi
    Speed Graphic / Pentax 35mm fisheye / TMX / Pyrocat

    Bryan | Blog | YouTube | Instagram | Portfolio
    All comments and thoughtful critique welcome

  2. #1052

    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Memphis, TN
    Posts
    362

    Re: Post your churches

    Quote Originally Posted by Corran View Post
    St. Mary Basilica
    Natchez, Mississippi
    Speed Graphic / Pentax 35mm fisheye / TMX / Pyrocat

    Excellent Bryan. I also like the other one you posted on IG.
    Ron McElroy
    Memphis

  3. #1053
    Corran's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    North GA Mountains
    Posts
    8,714

    Re: Post your churches

    Thanks Ron! I think the one I posted here is my favorite, as the top beams echo the shape of the cross. Getting the image lined up just right is hard - just a little too left/right and the center beam will curve (as it did on a 3rd image), and you can't crop to fix it!
    Bryan | Blog | YouTube | Instagram | Portfolio
    All comments and thoughtful critique welcome

  4. #1054

    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Chicago, IL
    Posts
    183

    Re: Post your churches

    One of my first LF photos, from last summer, of the chapel at North Park Village, Chicago, the former Municipal Tuberculosis Sanitarium. Taken on an Okuhara half-plate field camera with a home-made 4x5 back, Schneider g-Claron 210mm f9, Ilford FP4. I still need to work out some kinks, as there is a light leak at the top right. I rephotographed the negative with a digital camera and adjusted the file in Microsoft Photo Editor for the posted image.

    Bob

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Chapel2_Small.jpg 
Views:	54 
Size:	194.6 KB 
ID:	236497

  5. #1055

    Re: Post your churches

    I should have framed it to get the whole grave in at bottom-left, but in my defense it was a test shot while I was checking the new back on the camera was working properly. That's my excuse anyway...

    Chroma 4x5
    Fujinon NW 135mm f/5.6
    Ilford HP5+
    Ilfotec DDX 1+4 9 mins @ 20
    1/30sec @ f/32


    Church of St. Mary the Virgin, Beighton, South Yorkshire by fishyfish_arcade, on Flickr

  6. #1056

    Re: Post your churches

    Quote Originally Posted by FishyFishArcade View Post
    I should have framed it to get the whole grave in at bottom-left, but in my defense it was a test shot while I was checking the new back on the camera was working properly. That's my excuse anyway...

    Chroma 4x5
    Fujinon NW 135mm f/5.6
    Ilford HP5+
    Ilfotec DDX 1+4 9 mins @ 20
    1/30sec @ f/32


    Church of St. Mary the Virgin, Beighton, South Yorkshire by fishyfish_arcade, on Flickr
    Very Well Done! What a marvelous place to make photographs. I can see about five more just looking at this image.

  7. #1057

    Re: Post your churches

    Quote Originally Posted by Michael Kadillak View Post
    Very Well Done! What a marvelous place to make photographs. I can see about five more just looking at this image.
    Thanks Michael. It's the local church, so very easy to get to - a 15 minute walk away. One of the things we have in the UK is an abundance of old churches - pretty much every town and village in the land has at least one church that is potentially hundreds of years old. Bigger towns and cities have loads of them.

  8. #1058
    Tin Can's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    20,440

    Re: Post your churches

    Chicago used to have a church and tavern on every block to serve the many immigrants that built them

    Both are almost all gone, condemned for condos

    Some of the biggest churches did not want me to photograph from across the street

    I lived near the massive Ukrainian church, in Ukranian Village for a long time

    No pictures...

    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ukrain...llage,_Chicago
    Tin Can

  9. #1059

    Re: Post your churches

    Quote Originally Posted by FishyFishArcade View Post
    Thanks Michael. It's the local church, so very easy to get to - a 15 minute walk away. One of the things we have in the UK is an abundance of old churches - pretty much every town and village in the land has at least one church that is potentially hundreds of years old. Bigger towns and cities have loads of them.
    I am going to have to get a trip over there with the 8x10 on the agenda. With that much visual potential I would be in hog heaven.

Similar Threads

  1. why cant i post in the for sale
    By Jason Youn in forum Feedback
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 9-Sep-2008, 15:26
  2. Printing only one post?
    By Greg Dejanovic in forum Feedback
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 18-Mar-2007, 09:04
  3. Forum post ruling
    By Rob_H in forum Feedback
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 2-Feb-2007, 10:55
  4. Tripod post screw
    By cyrus in forum Gear
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 21-Jul-2006, 16:46

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •