Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Linhof Young Photographer photo contest

Linhof Young Photographer photo contest

LINHOF YOUNG PHOTOGRAPHER AWARD 08/09

Linhof is the oldest existing camera manufacturer in the world with a tradition of more than 120 years in developing and manufacturing view cameras and optical equipment for applied photography. Linhof is market leader for professional large format camera systems. The company has been actively engaged in supporting the
    projects of younger people for many decades and now Linhof is inviting entries for their bi-annual competition for the best images of younger photographers preferably taken with large format cameras systems. In view of the worldwide distribution of Linhof cameras we anticipate a high volume of entries for this prestigious award.

The judging will take place in April 2009 by a select jury of experts in the photographic world to determine the 3 best entries.
    The topic of the subject matter is the urban environment.
    The theme of the competition is "Human Cityscapes". The photographic realisation should comprise the urban environment "City" showing contrasts or unity of citizensand architecture.

The role of the human being within the urban architecture is the idea. Linhof expects a conceptional work relating to the theme with probably new personal reflections.

The Linhof Award for Young Photography is based on the fine art aesthetic principles of large format photography.

The competition is issued worldwide by Linhof Präzisions-Systemtechnik GmbH / Munich.

The competition is open to all professional photographers and students of photography. Maximum age is 35 years. Every participant may submit a minimum of 5 to a maximum of 8 entries all dealing with the theme of the contest.

All works should have been taken since 2008.

Deadline for submissions is March 31, 2009 (date of the sending post office).

The prizes are as follows:
    1st. Linhof Camera equipment to the value of 10000 Euro
    2nd. Linhof Camera equipment to the value of 3000 Euro
    3rd. Linhof Camera accessories to the value of 1000 Euro

The first announcement of the contest will take place during photokina 08 on the booth of the Linhof company, hall 04, 2nd floor, B 014.

The application form can be downloaded under www.linhof.de/award_e.pdf

More Information:
    Linhof Präzisions-Systemtechnik GmbH
    Mrs. Anna Wondrak
    Rupert-Mayer-Str. 45, 81379 München, Germany
    info@linhof.de
    P R E S S R E L E A S E Munich, September 2008

Re: Linhof Young Photographer photo contest

Is 38 considered youthful in the LF World :-)
    Laurent

Quote Originally Posted by ljb0904 View Post
    Is 38 considered youthful in the LF World :-)
    Apparently not for this contest. 35 is the limit.

This sounds like my last chance. I turn 35 next March.

Quote Originally Posted by The Dread Pirate Robins View Post
    This sounds like my last chance. I turn 35 next March.
    Me to. But not 35.

What do they mean by professional photographers? For that matter, what are student photographers? What sort of documentation is needed.

I downloaded the form but cannot see that there is any real solid definition. If it doesn't really matter, then I won't worry.

Quote Originally Posted by The Dread Pirate Robins View Post
    What do they mean by professional photographers? For that matter, what are student photographers? What sort of documentation is needed.

I downloaded the form but cannot see that there is any real solid definition. If it doesn't really matter, then I won't worry.
    The form that I brought back from Photokina calls for a resume and that should indicate that you earn your living from photography or are in school learning photography at some level. I can send anyone who needs a copy of the form next week after I scan it. The form I have has 4 pages. Is that what you downloaded?

Thanks for your response.

The four-pager I downloaded indicates that it is open to professional photographers and students of photography. It doesn't go beyond that.

Wellll... I am not sure I qualify if they are looking for something a little more official than a self-categorization.

i couldnt see it being a big deal if you were under the age of 35, anyone could get somone to pay them money for a shot and consider themselves professional.

But seeing as how i turn 16 in april, is there a minimum age limit?

Quote Originally Posted by MitchDeYoung View Post
    i couldnt see it being a big deal if you were under the age of 35, anyone could get somone to pay them money for a shot and consider themselves professional.

But seeing as how i turn 16 in april, is there a minimum age limit?
    The application only states the following. But there is a spot on the form to check off if you are a student of photograhy and to enter the photography school name.
    So theoretically a 16 year old can enter according to below.

"The competition is open to all professional photographers
    and students of photography. Maximum
    age is 35 years."