Page 13 of 22 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: Forum Change Announcement

Re: Forum Change Announcement

Yup ... but now that it's gone, I'll miss the real Lounge ... the "usual suspects" kicking around the topic of the day ... usually informative ... always opinionated ... and the one place on the forum that often made me laugh out loud at some of the incredibly witty responses.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian_A View Post
    People deal with it. This system is not a democracy. If you aren't a moderator, you don't get a vote. Get over it. I do believe the domain name to this place is LARGEFORMATPHOTOGRAPHY.INFO not Largeformatphotographyandreligionandpolitics.INFO.

Deal with it. It is what it is. Start your own LF forum with the ability to post stuff about other topics if that's the type of system you want. Either enjoy what is provided to you for absolutely no cost or go away.

-Brian
    The Lounge was for other topics. All of this discussion actually should relate to the Lounge and the various incarnations of acceptable postings. But, no! The rantings of the intolerant seem to want to ignore that fact. The intolerant, rather than focus on the issue, obfuscate the dialog with overly broad generalizations, then promptly segue to "Agree with me or leave".

I'll reiterate my original point. My issue was that there were already established moderator actions to remove the perpetrators of unacceptable behavior from the lounge. I simply wished that that had been exercised, rather than to rend perfectly legitimate discussion within the Lounge.

As usual, YMMV,
    Cheers,
    Geary
    Small Minds...What cannot be cured, must be endured.

joseph

Quote Originally Posted by Geary Lyons View Post
    The rantings of the intolerant...
    I never visited the lounge much,
    but that certainly does describe some of the more memorable moments...

joseph

well said Kirk.

I didn't know much about American politics until I visited the Lounge several weeks ago.
    I found it informative and I learned a great deal by following the links provided.
    I live in Canada and have never followed previous U.S. elections, but now I find myself reading about it daily. It's too bad it had to be censored. I will miss it.

Quote Originally Posted by Don Hutton View Post
    That really does show your complete ignorance of what this forum is about - all those subforums are how they relate to large format photography. None of them about those topics in isolation. For example, the digital hardware forum is not for discussion of 35mm scanners. It is, however, for discussion of scanners for large format film.
    Don, watch how you speak to me. You were one of the primary reasons the Lounge was changed because of your unacceptable personal attacks on me.

Quote Originally Posted by FocusMag View Post
    Don, watch how you speak to me. You were one of the primary reasons the Lounge was changed because of your unacceptable personal attacks on me.
    Kirk, Tom, Tuan, Ralph, Neil... could you please respond to this? It implies that Mr. Spivack has access to specific reasons you have made the recent change, beyond what you've announced publicly. Is he in any way authorized to represent the Mods, or even privy to your deliberations? That would be such a dramatic departure from past practice that I, for one, would want to know it before I communicated with the Mods for any reason. Thank you.

El Pueblo de Nuestra Señora la Reina de los Ángeles de Porciúncula

Oy veh.

Boys... either start playing nicely together or you will have to go sit in a corner for 15 minutes.

I thought that line was only useful on my children!

Quote Originally Posted by FocusMag View Post
    Don, watch how you speak to me.
    Why should I "watch how I speak to you"? Is that a pathetic veiled threat of some sort? My point was that you are clearly ignorant if you think that any of the subforums are not about large format photography and Kirk, one of the moderators, actually confirmed that a few posts later. Sorry that there's not a "nicer" way to put it David...

If you don't like this forum being about large format photograhy, just go elsewhere. Nobody is forcing you to be here....

Quote Originally Posted by ASRafferty View Post
    Kirk, Tom, Tuan, Ralph, Neil... could you please respond to this? It implies that Mr. Spivack has access to specific reasons you have made the recent change, beyond what you've announced publicly. Is he in any way authorized to represent the Mods, or even privy to your deliberations? That would be such a dramatic departure from past practice that I, for one, would want to know it before I communicated with the Mods for any reason. Thank you.
    Look at Don's past posts in the Lounge. Posts containing information about discussions I had with my subscribers, posts saying "go masturbate somewhere else", posts using foul language to attack me... seriously, if he was banned from the lounge, it would still be there today. He is the one that ruined it for everyone. No, I'm not perfect and I regret saying things that I did sometimes, but I never went after someone the way this guy went after me.