Re: Post Your Waterfalls

Cascade Falls - Yosemite National Park

Toyo 45AX.

Quote Originally Posted by tgtaylor View Post
    Cascade Falls - Yosemite National Park

Toyo 45AX.
    Wonderful! Such a beautiful shot!

I live in SoCal for 20 years now and I haven't been to Yosemite yet! I can't wait to go next year. I now have an overlanding vehicle (I call it the 8x10 LF carrier). Can't wait.
    --

The above spot is a fun place to set up an 8x10 (no satire) -- lots of traffic, people photographing you, young ladies wanting to know what it looks like under the dark cloth, people almost getting hit by RVs that are just getting that burnt brake smell, people taking group photos on rocks just above certain death in the creek...that sort of thing. The parking areas are unmarked, so it can get quite exciting as people drive by, see the falls unexpectedly, and slam on the brakes. I stop there every time coming and going from the Park.

If one heads the opposite way of everyone else, doesn't mind some no-trail scrambling as one makes one way up a different creek, one can be alone in one's own paradise.

If people fall into the creek above, this is where they spurt out:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Hutchins_CascadeFalls.jpg  
    "Landscapes exist in the material world yet soar in the realms of the spirit..." Tsung Ping, 5th Century China

Quote Originally Posted by Vaughn View Post
    The above spot is a fun place to set up an 8x10 (no satire) -- lots of traffic, people photographing you, young ladies wanting to know what it looks like under the dark cloth, people almost getting hit by RVs that are just getting that burnt brake smell, people taking group photos on rocks just above certain death in the creek...that sort of thing. The parking areas are unmarked, so it can get quite exciting as people drive by, see the falls unexpectedly, and slam on the brakes. I stop there every time coming and going from the Park.

If one heads the opposite way of everyone else, doesn't mind some no-trail scrambling as one makes one way up a different creek, one can be alone in one's own paradise.

If people fall into the creek above, this is where they spurt out:
    I am ready for the challenge! Hahaha.
    --

Second attempt at a waterfall. Arnold Mine Falls in Michigan's Upper Peninsula. Despite there not being as much water as other times I've visited, I'm happy with how this came out with the small trails of water in the middle. Toyo 45AII, Schneider Symmar 135mm, Delta 100, D76 1:1. 7 seconds at f32.

It's more Mountain photography than waterfall specific, but anyway, the context is very important indeed.

Val Malene, toward cima d'Asta, Lagorai, Italy (2021)

Chamonix 45F2, Fujinon 180 f5.6, Orange filter, Fomapan 400, D76 1+1, Negative scan

Quote Originally Posted by carlo.dainese View Post

It's more Mountain photography than waterfall specific, but anyway, the context is very important indeed.

Val Malene, toward cima d'Asta, Lagorai, Italy (2021)
    That's a wonderful B&W photograph--hope it supports a big print. (FWIW, speaking of "context," my grandfather ended up near the Brenner Pass with the 85th Division...great to get a sense of some of that country.)

Thanks CreationBear! The print will be on Ilford FB MG glossy 30x40cm.
    The environment it's magic and wilderness. The mountainside it's huge and the waterfalls are the focus point of the hike. The trail crosses just over the falls and than climb up straight on the plan until the summit. In the sky part you can see the pylons of the cableway that are the only human artefact of the valley. They are 1000m of slope 'til the hut. With the photographic backpack and the tripod (manfrotto 055b) it's a heavy hike. I can't imagine the infantry soldiers.. wow!

Quote Originally Posted by carlo.dainese View Post
    The print will be on Ilford FB MG glossy 30x40cm.
    That should be just right! (FWIW, the heaviest fighting was in the Fall/Winter of 1944 south of the Po against the heavily fortified Gothic Line there in the Northern Apennines...incredibly rough terrain in its own right, but the war was essentially over by the time the Allies entered the Alps the following spring.)

Here is a little waterfall 20 mn away from my home by foot :

Waterfall by T. Chabry, on Flickr