Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Best way to get nude models...

Re: Best way to get nude models...

Thanks a lot for all your suggestions, guys and gals. I checked out the site and it has a lot of great models in my area. Most of them say they'll work for prints and what not - so that's even better!!! I just need to get my ideas ironed out, and locations, then I'll be good to go! Thanks so much again - I really appreciate the help. Hopefully I'll have some shots to show you in a month or two!

You'll probably find that there are 2 primary TFP groups.

Group 1: new models who are eager to build their portfolio; many of these will do glamour or head shot (or other non-nude genres) TFP but not nude TFP

Group 2: experienced models who normally get paid but are willing to do TFP with photographers who are very desirable to work with because of their name or style.

I'm only saying this so you don't get too disappointed if you find it hard to get models to agree to TFP.

El Pueblo de Nuestra Señora la Reina de los Ángeles de Porciúncula

why not start with a nude self-portrait... nothing more than a mirror needed!

Quote Originally Posted by BrianShaw View Post
    why not start with a nude self-portrait... nothing more than a mirror needed!
    Lol, I think that I might not only break the camera, but the mirror as well! Being that I just recently got my LF - I would like to hold on to it a little longer than that! Thanks for the suggestion though

jetcode

here are some tips

1) be secure enough to create a comfortable working relationship
    2) know what you are seeking in terms of setting and form
    3) run ad in local barb for fine art models and offer a working rate
    4) use a digital or 35mm for interview test shoot
    5) select the model you want to use, plan your session
    6) provide a dressing room and makeup artist if possible
    7) provide prints and/or digital images on disc

the more courteous and professional you are the better chances you have of finding a nice stream of models to work with

Quote Originally Posted by ViewIIguy View Post
    Lol, I think that I might not only break the camera, but the mirror as well! Being that I just recently got my LF - I would like to hold on to it a little longer than that! Thanks for the suggestion though

Nude photography is not all about perfect forms. All human bodies are beautiful and suitable for figure shots. If you are confident enough to shoot a self-portrait (and it doesn't have to be full length, or full frontal) then you are way ahead. As a photographer (amateur or pro) you can post a gallery on Model Mayhem for free, and in the text that goes with the gallery you can state what you want to do. By posting a gallery (and it doesn't have to be figure work) you add some legitimacy to your endeavors. You might be surprised at the response you get, if you have a gallery of images on Model Mayhem.

Quote Originally Posted by Gene McCluney View Post
    Nude photography is not all about perfect forms. All human bodies are beautiful and suitable for figure shots. If you are confident enough to shoot a self-portrait (and it doesn't have to be full length, or full frontal) then you are way ahead. As a photographer (amateur or pro) you can post a gallery on Model Mayhem for free, and in the text that goes with the gallery you can state what you want to do. By posting a gallery (and it doesn't have to be figure work) you add some legitimacy to your endeavors. You might be surprised at the response you get, if you have a gallery of images on Model Mayhem.
    I agree with you on the perfect forms. Just about everyone on that MM site does have pretty much "perfect" forms though. I personally like slightly meatier women, but that's just me and I suppose I seem to be in the minority. Hopefully I'll find some that aren't 6-pack ab having plastic breast enhanced women.

The thing I hate is I do have so few portrait type photos. I have a good bit of wedding stuff I've done, and some pictures of my ex, but that's about it. I've always done more sports/wildlife/commercial type stuff. Hopefully I can get some good intial models to expand the 'folio with.

If you like meatier women, check out the photos by Leonard Nimoy (AKA Spock) in this show that I am also currently in at the Brill Gallery in Massachusetts

Google images for "Shyly", she is (was) an awesome "plus" model. She is no longer active.

Before I photographed any nudes, I did one session as a drawing model for a college art class. I am not proud of my body, skin, my junk looks like a mushroom when it's cold and I'm nervous... I was scared, awkward, cold. The drawings tended to focus on my flabby ass and growing boobage.

But it taught me a lot and made me a much better photographer. That might be a good place to start before you impose yourself onto others.

wfwhitaker

Quote Originally Posted by Frank Petronio View Post
    Before I photographed any nudes, I did one session as a drawing model for a college art class. I am not proud of my body, skin, my junk looks like a mushroom when it's cold and I'm nervous... I was scared, awkward, cold. The drawings tended to focus on my flabby ass and growing boobage.
    You're a brave man, Frankie!