Thread: Powerful slide projector

Powerful slide projector

Hi,

I live in Mexico and I am interested in realising an outdoor building projection, nevertheless the big projectors like: Pani, Pigi, Stark, Hardware Xenon, etc. are very expensive.

I was wondering if it would be possible to modify an old slide projector (6x7) and to update it with a powerful lamp (1500w 110,000 lumens) with some filters (IR-Heat/UV) and forced ventilation. In order to obtain a large and brightest projection, something like this:http://www.imageprojection.com/BudProjection0291.jpg

I only need that it projects 6 (6x7) Ilfochrome slides in loop/10 seconds each. Somebody knows some site where they modify (tuning ) slide projectors?

Re: Powerful slide projector

The Beseler Slide King can take a pretty large bulb natively and slides up to lantern size, and they're cheap, but they are manual, so if you can sit there or pay someone to advance the slides, it's an option.

Good idea David, but will exist some way to automate the projector? Perhaps putting a scroller film or slide changer?

On the other hand, what will be better in optics, sharpness and brightness? The Beseler Slide King or a 1000w Epidiascope? Both options are cheap.

Any advice or idea is appreciated.

The slide carrier on the Beseler Slide King is easily removable (you can substitute carriers for different formats), so if you've got someone with some machining ability and a method for advancing the film or the slides, it might not be too hard to turn it into a filmstrip projector or something along those lines. I don't know if something like that may already exist.